Resist Dark/Light + weakness

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  3. Resist Dark/Light + weakness

User Info: HeartOfValor

HeartOfValor
5 years ago#1
If I put one of the resist death spells on a persona with a weakness to them, does the game mathematically take into account their weakness and then apply the resist after or does the resist skill overwrite the weakness?

User Info: yab

yab
5 years ago#2
the resist takes precedence.

User Info: metamara

metamara
5 years ago#3
resist override

HeartOfValor
5 years ago#4
Sorry I should be more clear; if the weakness to a death spell increases the probability of it hitting you, does having a resist death skill reduces that weakness probability or does it overwrite the weakness and reduces the probability of the death spell hitting you from a "neutral" affinity?

User Info: yab

yab
5 years ago#5
Yeah I know what you meant.
But if you need a clearer answer, having a resist death skill completely overrides the weakness part, like it never existed in the first place. They are not combined.

So having a weakness + resist death skill is the same as no weakness + resist death skill. Only the resist is counted.

HeartOfValor
5 years ago#6
Got ya. Thank you.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  3. Resist Dark/Light + weakness

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived