First Persona game - yes another difficulty topic!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  3. First Persona game - yes another difficulty topic!

User Info: BlitzKing900

BlitzKing900
5 years ago#1
So I am about to get this game and I was wondering about the difficulty seeing as you can't change it.

I have played Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy I, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X and XIII as my other JRPGs. So I have played them before and done perfect files for a number of them. But that's mainly because they aren't incredibly hard.

I was going to start with Beginner simply because I'm more interested in the story of this game rather than grinding levels (kind of out grown that type of game). I don't mind if its a bit easy but if its ridiculously easy as in - mash attack and win, then I'll get bored of course.

That being said - I have heard that the SMT series are a lot more tactical and skillful, so normal might result in my characters spending the majority of their time face down while I sob in the nearest corner.

So is Beginner crazy easy? or just...easy...
PSN: Soggy-Snake-

User Info: Cogito

Cogito
5 years ago#2
First dungeon has a difficulty spike, due to SP issues.
I'll suggest stocking up on TaP Soda (and other SP restoratives if wanted) early game.
When Fox is unlocked later, level up hermit S-Link to reduce costs for its service.

Get a Slime and train it to Lv 7 for Resist Physical and pass the passive along.
Tarunda (Debuff: reduce target's damage) will be helpful against single bosses.

Once you reach Lv 17, get a Saravasti and train it to Lv 19 for Invigorate 2.
While equipped, Invigorate 2 recovers 5 SP to MC per turn. Pass passive along.
Hito wa mikake ni yoranu mono

User Info: EnglishLanguag

EnglishLanguag
5 years ago#3
I would recommend starting on normal.

The only time I needed to level grind was to fight the boss of the second dungeon's boss....so many Swift Strike....
FFT SSCCs:Completed(49 Arch Angel)
My name used to be spelled right, but then I took an arrow to the e.

User Info: Xiller8

Xiller8
5 years ago#4
yeah go normal I'd say, you get a well balanced experience that way. Compared to the games you listed, this games harder, but for an SMT game a lot of people consider this one of the easiest.
Why can't we all love each other? I love the fans of KH. They always listen to me when I whip out my Mara - (NotPedoBear posting on KH vs SMT topic)
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  3. First Persona game - yes another difficulty topic!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived