Can't get the game to work

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: psx19

psx19
7 years ago#1
Hey everyone. So I was excited when I saw that this game was on sale for $7.50 on steam. Picked one up for myself and one for a friend. I installed it, and at first I it said on steam the game was unavailable. Took a while to get the game to actually start. Now my issue is it never goes past the Criterion game screen (sometimes it'll get to the gun n roses song, but that was twice out of 50+ attempts). It simply gets stuck, and my mouse cursor doesn't move anymore, and I have to ctrl+alt+dlt.

I have tried:

-updating my drivers
-skip intro "fix"
-messing with every possible combination of the config
-verifying the game on steam
-reinstalling the game completely
-disabling DEP for the game (not sure if this even does anything)

My specs:
Dell Vostro 1500
T7250 duo core 2 GHz
Nvidia 8600M GT
2 gig ram
Windows Vista

I've been trying for about 4 days now on and off to get this game to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

User Info: vashmoto

vashmoto
7 years ago#2
Verifying the game was the only thing that worked for me. Sorry that I will be unable to help you, but I hope you get it fixed soon.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/vashmoto/kenshiro.jpg

User Info: psx19

psx19
7 years ago#3
Thanks! I FINALLY got it work, thanks to the random topic on the steam burnout forums.

If anyone else went through the steps that I did and still couldn't get past the loading screen, try this:

On steam, right click on the game to open up a window that allows you to make special launch options. In it, type in "-multithread" without the quotes. That was enough to get it to work for me. Good luck!

User Info: V0lc0m001

V0lc0m001
7 years ago#4

Thanks! I FINALLY got it work, thanks to the random topic on the steam burnout forums.

If anyone else went through the steps that I did and still couldn't get past the loading screen, try this:

On steam, right click on the game to open up a window that allows you to make special launch options. In it, type in "-multithread" without the quotes. That was enough to get it to work for me. Good luck!

I was having the same problem and that worked, thanks!
http://i25.tinypic.com/14bqbo9.jpg

User Info: xthebib62

xthebib62
7 years ago#5
@ p s x 19

Thanks! It works now.
Not sure if what you typed helped out, but i also set the compatibly to win-xp SP-3 and ... finally! it now works so thanks

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived