Monster straight to S Rank without Combining ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Rancher DS
  3. Monster straight to S Rank without Combining ?

User Info: PsoneRPG

PsoneRPG
6 years ago#1
Does anyone know if there is a monster that can go to A Rank straight from being Made, without combining.

i don't think there is one

Also does anyone know a good breed of monster good for adventuring
i know intelligence has something to do with but i get mean the overall better breed to use.
Check Me Out at!
www.myspace.com/psychometal4life

User Info: Sid_Icarus

Sid_Icarus
6 years ago#2
Wow you actually just asked that......wow
---
Now, count the number of your sins!- Kamen Rider W

User Info: SwiftRise

SwiftRise
6 years ago#3
My Falco X Abyss made it to A Rank; and its not a second-generation monster. Mind you right after I got A-Rank, I got a notice saying he needed to be frozen...

So yes, its possible to get to A Rank on a first-generation monster. Not easy, but possible.

User Info: Wolfswift

Wolfswift
6 years ago#4
I stretched a Flazer(Tiger/Abyss) straight from regeneration to S rank as my first monster. It wasn't easy, but I did it. I think any monster can become powerful if you raise it right.

PsoneRPG
6 years ago#5
oh i meant S Rank i got to a rank with a Golem breed before he got old
Check Me Out at!

PsoneRPG
6 years ago#6
yeah i usually use a lot of fatigue and stress items on my monsters
Check Me Out at!

User Info: soak314

soak314
6 years ago#7
It can be done easily once you have the cash for a serious training regimen.

My Jailkeeper's first tourney, at 3y3mo, was the A-Rank tournament. He can take the S Official easily (999 on 4 stats).

Generated him from magic spell, moon level, stats were nothing special. You'll just need to go through a few cash-making monsters to get the game rolling.

User Info: miggy0909

miggy0909
6 years ago#8
@PsoneRPG

what soak314 said, you need money to train it to perfection and thats a lot of Sea Angel and Honey Mushroom.

User Info: Mechafanboy

Mechafanboy
6 years ago#9
I did manage to get my very first monster up to S rank without too much difficulty by just keeping it frozen and unfreezing it for the tournament but it wasn't strong enough to get to SS/SSS rank...

Still, that does mean that with a lil luck and a lot of training, it's possible to get any monster to S rank since I did mine with lots of resting in place of items(due to monetary problems)

Stats were 999 int, 999 skill, 600 life, 200 speed and 100 pow/def. A Pixie who knew only 4 moves iirc. Couple of close calls here and there but nothing impossible.
http://altogether.insani.org -> Visual novel goodness
Maaya Sakamoto and Younha are amazing~ <3 <3

User Info: SlickSlicer

SlickSlicer
6 years ago#10
Golems can do it with ease.

Long lifespan, good, generally accurate attacks at all ranges, proficiency toward raw power...

So long as you had a previous monster that did 2-3 erranties (meaning you'll be loaded with cash), it wouldn't be difficult at all.
NCONR3 Code-2278 6758 7060
TVC Code-3910-8926-0083
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Rancher DS
  3. Monster straight to S Rank without Combining ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived