"Put "-DEVMODE" in your shortcut command without" Need help.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crysis Warhead
  3. "Put "-DEVMODE" in your shortcut command without" Need help.

User Info: Valkryia

Valkryia
8 years ago#1
Ok, trying to use some of the weapon cheats. I created a shortcut, then I right click it, go to properties and try to add -DEVMODE to the Target. But it keeps giving me an error. Am I doing something wrong?
PS3, XBox 360, Wii, PSP and DS owner. Multiplatform owners > pathetic fanboys.
| E6850 3.0Ghz | 4gb RAM | 8800GTX | Vista 64-Bit |

User Info: judgment3

judgment3
8 years ago#2
help
E6550 / Core 2 duo 2.3ghz / 3GB DDR2 RAM / 300GB Seasonic / Foxconn 9600GT 512MB / Seasonic 500W PSU

User Info: HellKnightX

HellKnightX
8 years ago#3
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis WARHEAD\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -devmode

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.
Slow and steady may not always win the race, but at least you don't end up splattered on the walls.

judgment3
8 years ago#4
so i change the name to Crysis-DEVMODE.exe
not working. wat am i doing wrong
E6550 / Core 2 duo 2.3ghz / 3GB DDR2 RAM / 300GB Seasonic / Foxconn 9600GT 512MB / Seasonic 500W PSU

User Info: MrPoppadopolis

MrPoppadopolis
8 years ago#5
Oh dear god...

Right Click on the shorcut you have for crysis warhead. theres a window that pops up and a patch which shows exactly what the previous poster wrote... at the end of the path next to the quotes add in "-devmode" (without the "s), click OK and then run it.
Even Hell is a place too good for a beast like you - Kenshiro, Hokuto no Ken.
GamerTag: S1lentSurviv0r

User Info: MrPoppadopolis

MrPoppadopolis
8 years ago#6
I meant path* not patch
Even Hell is a place too good for a beast like you - Kenshiro, Hokuto no Ken.
GamerTag: S1lentSurviv0r

User Info: HellKnightX

HellKnightX
8 years ago#7
Judgement, you list your PC specs in your sig but you don't know how to make a shortcut?
Slow and steady may not always win the race, but at least you don't end up splattered on the walls.

judgment3
8 years ago#8
lol sorry im retarded, i was rewriting the name, nobody mentioned ' Run' , neither does the cheat. i got some fun out of it , thanks

User Info: Valkryia

Valkryia
8 years ago#9
I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

Like I said, whenever I do it, it gives me an error. My target line reads as this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis WARHEAD\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -devmode

It then gives the error "The name 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis WARHEAD\Bin32\Crysis.exe' -devmode' in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct."
PS3, XBox 360, Wii, PSP and DS owner. Multiplatform owners > pathetic fanboys.
| E6850 3.0Ghz | 4gb RAM | 8800GTX | Vista 64-Bit |

User Info: mufaddal

mufaddal
8 years ago#10
Make sure you have left space between ..\Crysis.exe" and -devmode.

It should be \Crysis.exe" -devmode and not \Crysis.exe"-devmode.
  1. Boards
  2. Crysis Warhead
  3. "Put "-DEVMODE" in your shortcut command without" Need help.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived