Message from Atari about online problems

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Race Pro
  3. Message from Atari about online problems

User Info: XboxPhenom15

XboxPhenom15
8 years ago#11
The thread has been updated with some possible workarounds...

If you join a server:

- Choose “Custom Match” rather than “Quick Match”

- Select servers with 6-8 player slots maximum

If you host games:

- Select a maximum of 6-8 slots for MP
Rip the system!
KMFDM

User Info: seankane

seankane
8 years ago#12

EnderSR388 posted...
Do the math. Even at 5 copies per store, how many retail outlets does Gamestop have? Probably 1300 maybe, nationwide. That's 6500 people who've purchased the game just from Gamestop. That doesn't take into account online retailers like Amazon, eBay, Half.com, Newegg or other outlets like Target, Wal-Mart, GameCrazy (are they still around!?), Toys 'R' Us and even small mom and pop stores. Now factor in Europe and you'll see that there's a lot of people buying and playing this game. Maybe not online and all at once, but considering SimBin is new to consoles and is still probably learning net code for XBL, you have to give them a break. They are working to fix it and keep fans informed, which is saying a lot to the small community Race Pro has garnered so far.

Considering that the majority of players are probably focusing on single-player for the moment to familiarize themselves with the cars/tracks, I'd say thats a pretty small number of people playing online compared to most Xbox titles. It'd be one thing for there to be a lot of lag or something, but online is BROKEN. It should have been anticipated that there'd be a *decent* amount of people wanting to play online, so its a pretty big letdown that we cant.

Again, I'm glad they're going to work on fixing the issue, but I'm still disappointed at the magnitude of this problem.

User Info: TONYSTARKS654

TONYSTARKS654
8 years ago#13
Don't be surprised...Mostly all online games require a patch at launch.. nowadays.

User Info: AsHeavenIsWide

AsHeavenIsWide
8 years ago#14
can i also remind people that if you are the host if you leave before the race ends everyone else gets kicked

you also do not get tat hosted session towards the hosting achievments.

some people just cant take being last after the 1st corner or getting a drive through penalty for cutting a corner....go back to grid if u like cutting half the track

User Info: XboxPhenom15

XboxPhenom15
8 years ago#15
^^ lol I love how it gives you a penalty if you cut the course. It's a lot better than Forza's system of adding on extra lap time...no one cares about that because it doesn't matter when it comes to the actual race positioning.
Rip the system!
KMFDM

User Info: Rhawb

Rhawb
8 years ago#16
I just got to play my first online race and holy crap it's fun! It seems like they're making some headway into stabilizing everything, so that's a very good sign - I was able to get into about 3 rooms without issue. I spent most of my time marveling at the other drivers trying to set fast laps rather than trying to run into one another (thanks a lot, Forza community). I then promptly proceeded to run some of the most comically terrible laps I've ever run since I bought this game. Sigh. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

User Info: mentl

mentl
8 years ago#17
It's a lot better than Forza's system of adding on extra lap time...no one cares about that because it doesn't matter when it comes to the actual race positioning

+1 I've always felt that was one of Forza's great weaknesses. In the end I just resigned myself to the fact that Turn 10 must want drivers to cheat.. otherwise they'd make it less rewarding to do so.
Death, taxes, & 3RLOD

User Info: Thorpe

Thorpe
8 years ago#18
I've had no problems whatsoever (not got disconnected). I do think it takes way too long though to finally be able to race in ranked.

User Info: theliving1

theliving1
8 years ago#19
Thorpe89 posted...
I've had no problems whatsoever (not got disconnected). I do think it takes way too long though to finally be able to race in ranked.

You are an effing liar! Why come to these boards and lie your ass off when *everyone* who tries to play online gets disconnected 8/10 times. You are a piece of crap for lying to everyone about this. Maybe you work for simbin, maybe you're just a stupid fanboy.. but stop lying to all the poor gamers who will waste their time trying to play online only be be disconnected almost every game. Buy it for the sim racing offline, but don't except to get many good online races. And please stop lying you POS!

User Info: seankane

seankane
8 years ago#20

I'm glad you guys are having a good experience online, but mine continues to be quite miserable. I've been able to get into a few rooms at least, which is a change, but I'm still eventually kicked out of every single one of them at some point or another. A couple times I was in the race and leading, which was very annoying.

Also, of the few races I've done, they've been very laggy, especially when someone joins in or if somebody has crashed somewhere on track.

It really needs fixing, because this just isn't acceptable or enjoyable at all. But at least they're aware of the problem and are working on it.

1. Boards
  2. Race Pro
  3. Message from Atari about online problems

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived