Wheel users ONLY. Xbox live gamertags for matchmaking.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Race Pro
  3. Wheel users ONLY. Xbox live gamertags for matchmaking.

User Info: nmcooke

nmcooke
8 years ago#1
Gamertag: Nate Quick

Just wanted to see what interest there is out there for wheel user only races. Figured it would be a good idea to get some friends who are playing this game with a wheel and not the dual analog controller. Depending on the number of gamertags maybe we'll try to set up a few races sometime.

Only interested in those who are using professional settings. Any assists are really taking away from the point in using the wheel. I'm by no means an expert racer or very good at all for that matter. Just thought it might be nice to get a gamertag list for those interested in some wheel only races.

Providing response level is high I'll occasionally group the gamertags together to make it a little easier to add a few to your friends list.

I'll likely spend a few days getting to know the tracks before I try to do too much racing online. It's incredibly annoying not knowing the track and continually slamming into the back of everyone not knowing a sharp turn is coming up.

User Info: workshygit

workshygit
8 years ago#2
I use handle bars is that ok

User Info: alaskanpeas

alaskanpeas
8 years ago#3
GT: The Stig 12287. i race wheel,professional and i dont know many of these tracks as well.

User Info: seankane

seankane
8 years ago#4

nmcooke posted...
I'll likely spend a few days getting to know the tracks before I try to do too much racing online. It's incredibly annoying not knowing the track and continually slamming into the back of everyone not knowing a sharp turn is coming up.

Yea, especially when you're the person getting slammed into! Its very good advice not to go online racing until you're familiar with the car and tracks.

Anyways, I use a controller right now, so I think I'm gonna have to form my own 'Controller ONLY' group! Not really, actually, I dont care what people use as long as they're all free of AIDS. Driver aids, that is. If you have AIDS, I'll still race with ya. :D

nmcooke
8 years ago#5
Just a little clarification:

I by no means am looking to down people for not having wheels. On the contrary I've found in every racing game I've ever played I can post better lap time using a dual analog controller (haven't even tried controller on Race Pro). I attribute this primarily to being able to jerk the joystick left to right quickly in turns to regain traction. It's just impossible to do this as quickly with a steering wheel. Therefore I think it would be cool to find people solely using the wheel just to even the playing field. Plus, I assume if people are willing to shell out $100+ for a wheel then they're likely pretty serious about racing (aka won't wreck others if not in first place).

I'm just looking to compile a list of people on my friends list with steering wheels.

Feel free to use the gamertags if you're using the standard 360 controller. I won't say who you can or can't send messages to.

seankane
8 years ago#6

Ah, no man, I wasn't trying to imply that you were being some elitist or anything, I was just joking around. There's nothing wrong with trying to find other like-minded racers.

User Info: johnsmet

johnsmet
8 years ago#7
GT: sjokkomoes

No assists, still learning the tracks, only know Laguna and Anderstorp so far.
Is it true that the multi doesnt crash when you do a private session?

nmcooke
8 years ago#8
Haven't heard of private sessions not allowing collisions. I haven't tried a private session yet. Feel free to send an invite and we can see if it doesn't allow collisions in private.

seankane - I keep seeing your name pop up on the various Race Pro message boards. Feel free to post your gamertag or send an invite.

seankane
8 years ago#9

nmcooke posted...
Haven't heard of private sessions not allowing collisions. I haven't tried a private session yet. Feel free to send an invite and we can see if it doesn't allow collisions in private.

seankane - I keep seeing your name pop up on the various Race Pro message boards. Feel free to post your gamertag or send an invite.

GT: Seanspeed

And I think he meant 'crash' as in the room crashing/lagging out/disconnecting, not that collisions dont work. Pretty sure, at least.

1. Boards
  2. Race Pro
  3. Wheel users ONLY. Xbox live gamertags for matchmaking.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived