The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Game won't start

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. DC Universe Online
  3. Game won't start

User Info: Garrison4

Garrison4
6 years ago#1

I just installed this game on my macbook running windows vista with bootcamp, the installation went fine but know i can't open the game. I can get the launch pad open but when i hit play game the launch pad closes and then nothing happens. does anybody know what might be going on im itching to play this game.

User Info: nrpeacock

nrpeacock
6 years ago#2
I'm having the exact same issue (except I'm using Windows XP SP3 with Boot Camp on my MBP), and on the official forums there were a couple people having the same issue with Windows 7 (although I'm not sure if they were using a PC or a Mac). So the Windows OS doesn't seem to be the issue. I've reinstalled DCUO, updated drivers, updated Active X and flash, etc. with no luck. It might work for you though. Did you get it from Steam? I just ended up submitting emails to tech support at Steam and Sony Online Entertainment. I'll repost what they say on here when they get back to me.

User Info: chuckiechan01

chuckiechan01
6 years ago#3
Yeah, I'm having the exact same problem. I used the SOE chat assistance and that was no help at all; the guy said he would email, but no response. It's rather annoying that I can't play this game :/. Oh well, if I hear back from them before you do I'll post my response email!

User Info: Wakin

Wakin
6 years ago#4

I have also experienced this problem where the launcher will close after it connects to the server and check for updates.

I have read elsewhere in this forum that installing Microsoft .NET Framework may resolve this problem. As my OS is Windows 7 64-bit, I have to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0. It does not.

I attempted to reinstall the whole game - using the default folder for game saves (C:/user/public/....). It works perfectly after that.

Not sure if this is the problem but hope it works for you too.

User Info: BigEz21

BigEz21
6 years ago#5

Same thing is going on with me! I'm running it through Virtualbox though, with Windows XP. I had several different problems, and got those fixed. But then once i could finaly hit the play button it just kinda flashed the screen and went away, super dissapointing.

User Info: amandaseixas

amandaseixas
6 years ago#6
I have the same problem! I installed the game in my macbook pro (13inh) by boot camp (windows xp sp3) and I had no problem to run the launch pad (my husband got at his pc) but after I hit "play" nothing nothing nothing happend!
ps: sorry about my bad english, Im brazillian

User Info: seym8302

seym8302
6 years ago#7
I get the same thing. Has anyone found out how to fix this? Spending money on a game I can't play thing is kind of annoying.

User Info: skeeter1255

skeeter1255
6 years ago#8

I have the SAME Problem!! nothing works!!

Has there been a solution for this?

User Info: amandaseixas

amandaseixas
6 years ago#9
After talk with a agent at the live chat he gave me a link to download a setup file and try repair, but NOTHING happens...the problem stills the same!
Im wondering if that is a problem excluxive of mac users or if it is a issue for pc users as well... Im REALLY REALLY ANGRY!

User Info: skeeter1255

skeeter1255
6 years ago#10

amandaseixas posted...
After talk with a agent at the live chat he gave me a link to download a setup file and try repair, but NOTHING happens...the problem stills the same! Im wondering if that is a problem excluxive of mac users or if it is a issue for pc users as well... Im REALLY REALLY ANGRY!

Well im on PC... Fully stocked and can run anything, yet this game wont work.

This is a first for me.

1. Boards
  2. DC Universe Online
  3. Game won't start

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived