Best Team Set-Up

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Best Team Set-Up

User Info: Wraxend

Wraxend
7 years ago#1
I'm starting to have a harder time dealing with bosses in Chapter 12+. Can anyone give me characters and paradigm set-ups that can help deal with the bosses?
Gamertag: WraxendGamer

User Info: swirlyeyes

swirlyeyes
7 years ago#2
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: swirlyeyes

swirlyeyes
7 years ago#3
What boss?

Usually at that point of the storyline stick with Fang/Lightning + Vanille/Hope + Sazh

You pretty much need Sazh for his haste, enfires and enthunders, Hope has Haste but he gets it pretty late in the game.

Roles (In order as above)
Com/Sab/Syn (Vanille only)
Rav/Rav/Rav (Lightning only)
Med/Med/Sab (Lightning only)
Com/Rav/Rav
Com/Med/Syn
Sab/Sab/Syn (Fang only)

Imperil+En(element)+Deshell works wonders in this team, you'll break everything you encounter in no time, then switch to Com/Rav/Rav

What you do is start off with Com/Sab/Syn (Vanille) or Com/Syn/Syn (Hope) and wait for buffs, if the going gets bad, Com/Med/Syn buys time for the rest of the buffs. Sab/Sab/Syn is an extremely offensive Fang-only combination, Fang provides Slow, which means if your party is hasted you take 4 actions while the enemy would take 1. For Lightning however, you can have an additional Med/Med/Sab(or anything you fancy) for Light's Curas.

User Info: Wraxend

Wraxend
7 years ago#4
(Spoilers)

For now I am about to face the Protoclud the first time, but I know I have to face it a second time, so I would be helpful to have advice.
Gamertag: WraxendGamer
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Best Team Set-Up

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived