Chapter 11 Help Me

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Chapter 11 Help Me

User Info: SammiTheUnholy

SammiTheUnholy
1 year ago#1
Hey guys!
I need some help/advice/reccomendations.
I currently have just entered the Mah'habara Subterra from The Archylte Steppe so I believe I just beat Ci'eth mission #11 Ambling Bellows .
My team is as follows:

Fang (Leader): Weapon is Bladed Lance lvl. 10
Accessories are Platinum Bangle lvl. 1 & Warriors Wristband lvl. 1

Overall Strength : 667
Overall Magic: 325
Overall HP: 3310

Hope: Weapon is Eagletalon lvl. 15
Accesories are Platinum Bangle lvl. 1 & Sorcerers Mark lvl. 1

Overall Strength: 333
Overall Magic: 631
Overall HP: 2565

Lightning: Weapon is Flamberge lvl. 15
Accesories are Gold Bangle lvl. 1 (havent found another platinum yet) & Warriors Wristband lvl. 1

Overall Strength: 674
Overall Magic: 488
Overall HP: 3020

Paradigms:
Relentless Assault (Main)- COM RAV RAV
Delta Attack- SEN RAV COM
Strategic Warfare- SEN SYN COM
Bully- SAB SYN COM
Tireless Charge- COM MED COM
Combat Clinic- SEN MED MED

I was wondering if you guys have any tips on how I could improve and what I could be doing different to better my team thus far. Thanks in advance!
FC: 1908-1301-1824

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
1 year ago#2
A couple of things jump out at me right away. First off, your paradigm deck seems more like a compromise deck than a deck with a focused plan of action. If you're mostly fighting enemies that force you into a defensive posture, then Strategic Warfare, Delta Attack, and Combat Clinic are good paradigms that form an incomplete plan. Conversely, if you're mostly fighting enemies that allow you to adopt a more offensive posture, you only have Bully and Relentless Assault as good choices. Tireless Charge, meanwhile, is a boss fighting paradigm in a deck that is clearly not optimized for fighting bosses.

It's not that any of these paradigms is a bad paradigm, but rather that I don't envision a scenario where you'd use all six of these paradigms in a given fight. I have a hard time coming up with scenarios where you'd even use four of these paradigms in a fight, and that restricts the amount of finesse and flexibility available to you. Here's one of several ways I might set up the deck differently:

SAB/SYN/RAV -- Guerrilla: open with this paradigm to establish a measure of defense (through defensive buffs and debilitations) and start building the chain gauge on your enemies. SAB skills offer plenty of duration to keep the chain active.
COM/SYN/RAV -- Decimation: for more offense while continuing to get buffs. Great when you want to give Hope extra time for casting En-spells to enhance your offense, for example.
SAB/RAV/RAV -- Smart Bomb: the best available chain-building paradigm on your primary roles. Also good if you're still trying to inflict debuffs after Hope is done buffing.
COM/RAV/RAV -- Relentless Assault: strong single-target damage paradigm.
COM/RAV/COM -- Aggression: strongest pure damage paradigm available on your primary roles.
SEN/MED/MED -- Combat Clinic: healing when needed. The idea is to shift in, get a round of healing, and shift out. If you're taking more damage than this can heal after establishing defensive buffs/debilitations, you want a completely different deck.

Here's a strong defensive approach (which I don't think you need for typical enemies, but might be useful for some of the stronger enemies running around):
SEN/SYN/COM -- Strategic Warfare: set up defensive buffs while establishing chain duration and/or stop off for En-spells when you're getting ready to go into damage mode
SEN/RAV/RAV -- Mystic Tower: leverage that early chain duration to rapidly build the chain gauge
SEN/RAV/COM -- Delta Attack: full offense on one enemy while being protected from the other enemies
SEN/MED/COM -- Solidarity: healing while maintaining chain or while Light finishes off a weakened foe
SEN/MED/MED -- Combat Clinic: full-on healing
COM/RAV/COM -- Aggression: full-on offense when you have the remaining enemies under control (e.g. when a tough single foe is staggered and launched, or when multiple foes have been whittled down to manageable numbers)

Alternately, you might want SEN/SYN/MED Protection in place of Aggression or Strategic Warfare if you forsee the need to set up/refresh defensive buffs while staying alive, and you might want SAB/MED/MED Perseverance or SAB/SYN/MED Evened Odds or SAB/MED/RAV Variety if you forsee a desire for debilitations; this paradigm could replace Solidarity or Delta Attack depending on the enemy.

The second thing I take issue with is the idea of only running a single team. Fang, Lightning, and Hope have good coverage of roles, but they're hardly the only team that functions, and in many ways they're not the best team for taking on most challenges in this chapter. Sazh and Vanille can enhance your offense to ridiculous levels. Snow is better at full-time SEN than Fang. There's no rule that says you have to stick with one team all of the time, and there are many advantages to be had by choosing your team to match the fights at hand.

You may be interested in this thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/928790-final-fantasy-xiii/62465538
http://etrosgate.com/

SammiTheUnholy
1 year ago#3
Thanks tiornys ! 💗
I kinda want to use more than one team but from everyone online they tell me to use hope and light for sure. I'm kinda confused. Right now I still have this team just slightly more leveled. Im just redoing the mah'habra tunnel over and over for cp before I go back and complete more missions.
I really wanted to use Vanille a lot more, are there any more tops you can give me? Like what team would be best and stuff like that? I dont mind switching. I currently have Vanille with the Marlboro wand everyone told me to get her as well as snow with paladin maxed out and sazh with deneb duellers.
Im just a hot mess but you seem to really know what youre talking about. Any further help? @tiornys
Thanks again so much in advance! <3

SammiTheUnholy
1 year ago#4
Update on Team as of right now 1/7/2017:

Fang (Leader): Weapon is Glaive lv. 10
Accessories are Platinum Bangle, Warriors Wristband, and Collector Catalog, all level 1.

Overall Strength: 835
Overall Magic: 397
Overall HP: 4330
ATB level 5

Hope: Weapon is Eagletalon lv. 21
Accessories are Platinum Bangle and Sorcerers Mark, both level 1.

Overall Strength: 405
Overall Magic: 908
Overall HP: 3130
ATB Level 5

Lightning: Weapon is Flamberge lv. 20
Accessories are Gold Bangle, Warriors Wristband; both level 1, also has one empty accessory slot.

Overall Strength : 777
Overall Magic: 681
Overall HP: 3520
ATB level 5

THE REST OF MY TEAM (Unused) :

Sazh: weapon is Deneb Duellers lv. 8
Accessories are Gold Bangle and Warriors Wristband; both level 1 and has an empty accesory slot.

Overall Strength: 526
Overall Magic: 381
Overall HP: 4245
ATB level 4

Snow: Weapon is Paladin :star: (max)
Accessories are Gold Bangle and Sorcerers Mark; both level 1 with an empty accesory slot.

Overall Strength : 641
Overall Magic: 542
Overall HP: 4460
ATB level 4

Vanille: Weapon is Malboro Wand lv. 28
Accessories are Gold Bangle and Sorcerers Mark; both level 1.

Overall Strength: 584
Overall Magic: 869
Overall HP: 3450
ATB level 5

Ive only been upgrading their Crystarium on their given 3 roles. I havent started any other trees that start on level 0. Thanks again. <3

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
1 year ago#5
SammiTheUnholy posted...
Thanks tiornys ! &#128151;
I kinda want to use more than one team but from everyone online they tell me to use hope and light for sure. I'm kinda confused.

Honestly, you can use whoever you want. Some teams will be easier to use than others, but every team is viable for normal fighting.

I really wanted to use Vanille a lot more, are there any more tops you can give me? Like what team would be best and stuff like that? I dont mind switching. I currently have Vanille with the Marlboro wand everyone told me to get her as well as snow with paladin maxed out and sazh with deneb duellers.
Im just a hot mess but you seem to really know what youre talking about. Any further help? @tiornys
Thanks again so much in advance! <3

Thanks for the kind words! "Best" team is kind of a variable thing in this game, but I will say that Vanille is a fantastic character during chapter 11. She's the only one with access to Imperil and Poison in her primary roles, and her Malboro Wand makes her the best at inflicting those ailments along with the very potent Deprotect and Deshell. On top of that she has some great Medic abilities in Curasa and Curaja, and she's a solid Ravager.

As developed as your team is, I think you'd have a lot of fun running with Lightning, Vanille and Sazh (kind of repeating the advice from the linked thread, but still true). You won't run into many fights that will give you trouble surviving (especially if you remember the Renew ability--2 TP to heal the entire party + revive fallen teammates), and Lighting is very good at translating Sazh's buffs and Vanille's debuffs into dead enemies. Equip a bunch of auto-buff accessories and you can just buzzsaw through most encounters. Something like this:

Lightning: Blessed Talisman, Sorcerer's Mark, Sprint Shoes (spec'ed for Ruinga spam)
Sazh: Aurora Scarf, Shield Talisman, Morale Talisman
Vanille: Blessed Talisman, Sprint Shoes, Black Belt

Lightning/Vanille/Sazh
Com/Rav/Syn (default)
Com/Sab/Rav
Rav/Sab/Rav
Rav/Rav/Rav
Com/Rav/Com
Med/Med/Syn
http://etrosgate.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Chapter 11 Help Me

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived