Help With Chapter 11 and Onwards

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Help With Chapter 11 and Onwards

User Info: Saltyman

Saltyman
11 months ago#11
I'm having better luck with Snow as lead for now. He has got to have the most stubborn AI.

Magic is 3x higher and has enfeeblement still tries to use strike attacks and never provokes at the right time. Also CPU Sentinels just spam Provoke for some reason instead of using guard after.. That's a big reason why I like weapons with extreme stats. The AI are pretty stupid with balanced stats.. Lightning was awful until I upgraded the Gladius. Although Edged Carbine would work at this point.

User Info: tiornys

tiornys
11 months ago#12
Sometimes the alternating strike-spell thing can't be fixed with any amount of stat adjustment. If the enemy is weak to only one element that a character can target, that character is going to alternate strikes and spells on that element because this yields higher chain per ATB segment. It's annoying, but it's what the AI is programmed to optimize. Unfortunately, this often results in lower chain per second, which matters a lot more than chain per ATB segment.

If this is the cause, sometimes you can fix it by inflicting Imperil to create a second weakness. But most of the time, the solution you chose is best--just take control of the character yourself.
http://etrosgate.com/

Saltyman
11 months ago#13
Ah yeah I've noticed some quirks with the AI, but generally they are pretty smart and it's cool that they actually account for buffs and debuffs.

As long as your leader is the main damage dealer it's not much on an issue. Pretty much finished the game now.

Hope was the worst character but the best party member, now he's also the worst party member. Pretty much his only use is area of effect spells, but the lack of single target debuffs, low health, and not having any unique buffs or decent abilities leaves him poorly outclassed by Vanille and Sazh.

Even more so by Mage Snow and Lightning.

Saltyman
11 months ago#14
-ga debuffs are stupid anyways and the AI has no idea how to use them. He's pretty good with his -ra and -ga ravager spells. Really all he has going for him now. He hits the damage cap but rarely goes over it by enough to make Genji Gloves worth it. Worst summon, arguably the worst full ATB skill..

Goddamnit Hope. Forcing me to develop Sazh.

A few things the AI does like prioritize Haste before any other buffs makes sense. Why they can't use Protectra and Shellra or Veil and ANYTHING else in one turn is beyond me. They are really quite stupid with buffs unless you direct them. Imperil works really well for convincing them to use offensive buffs though, thanks for the tip.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Help With Chapter 11 and Onwards

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived