Stuck installing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: bob3rt24

bob3rt24
7 years ago#1
Updated my PS3's Firmware and I am trying to install but it stays stuck at 100%, I restarted my PS3 a couple of times... with the switch and the power button.

Any ideas? I rarely use my PS3 The only Gamedata I have on it is like 2 saves and MGS4
I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it, but if you don't have one then you are never disappointed, and I gotta tell ya it feels phenomenal

User Info: X_OldSnake_X

X_OldSnake_X
7 years ago#2
Delete the save data Dragon Age Origins created and start her up again.
EOF

bob3rt24
7 years ago#3
you mean the install data? Cause I haven't even got to play yet, those two saves were from Uncharted 1 & 2
I found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it, but if you don't have one then you are never disappointed, and I gotta tell ya it feels phenomenal

X_OldSnake_X
7 years ago#4
Not save data. The actual install data.

It's above save data in the dashboard. I forget what it's called though.
You don't have the ps3 stuffed with music and videos do you?
I mean it's not like 75% full of crap is it?

But anyway I had a similar problem. I deleted all game data saves I didn't need and all instal data I didn't need, I deleted the data Dragons Origin attempted to install, and restarted.

Install went 3X as fast and succeeded.
EOF

bob3rt24
7 years ago#5
no no, like I said I don't even use this thing that often (I am a PC gamer). So there isn't really anything on there that I know of. I'll try deleting the data and see where that gets me,

bob3rt24
7 years ago#6
well I tried that, and I still have no luck, I deleted all the info off of my PS3, but nothing. It makes a jump from 21% directly to 100% and just stays there. Let it stay at 100% for like 40 mins and nothing.

X_OldSnake_X
7 years ago#7

You deleted the install data from game data utility or whatever it's called?

NOT saved data.
EOF

bob3rt24
7 years ago#8
yes, that is correct.

bob3rt24
7 years ago#9
bump

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived