Nightmare solo build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Nightmare solo build

User Info: BgSoA

BgSoA
7 years ago#1
What would be the best non Arcane Warrior solo build for a nightmare run? I've done it with a rogue in a party, but nothing else. I'll be taking it from Origins to Awakening, and stopping there. I have NONE of the DLCs if that effects anything.
after you do get used to it, you'll wonder why people play twitchy, imprecise crap like Call of Duty or Halo. - Some guy on the KZ2 board.

User Info: densetsu_x

densetsu_x
7 years ago#2
I'm sure Rip will come in with his 4 different non-mage builds, but personally, my easiest time was as a Stealth, Cunning, Grenade, Dual-Wielding Dagger Rogue. Stealth helps get you in position and out of really tight positions. Cunning because that's all anyone preaches with a Rogue. Grenade (Poisons in general) for some AoE damage and extra damage from poisons. Dual-Wielding Daggers because again, that's about all anyone preaches with a Rogue and it's much better than your Archery choice. Specializations would be Assassin/Bard (again, maximize those Cunning stats).

Yeah, it's pretty much the standard "most broken Rogue I can make" but it works best here too. It is harder in the beginning, but once you gain a couple of levels and get a few abilities, it should be relatively easy.

User Info: Nasada19

Nasada19
7 years ago#3
^This or really any dex heavy character.
Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

User Info: ripstrawberry

ripstrawberry
7 years ago#4
What would be the best non Arcane Warrior solo build for a nightmare run? I've done it with a rogue in a party, but nothing else. I'll be taking it from Origins to Awakening, and stopping there. I have NONE of the DLCs if that effects anything.

Personally I'd recommend a noble dwarf 2H warrior specced as a champion and a templar since they're not as reliant on DLC gear and talents like a backstabbing rogue (though it is doable as densetsu stated). You could also just go w/ a spell-flinging mage build specced as a blood mage and spirit healer but I personally find that boring because you don't get to do any fatalities.

I'm sure Rip will come in with his 4 different non-mage builds, but personally, my easiest time was as a Stealth, Cunning, Grenade, Dual-Wielding Dagger Rogue. Stealth helps get you in position and out of really tight positions. Cunning because that's all anyone preaches with a Rogue. Grenade (Poisons in general) for some AoE damage and extra damage from poisons. Dual-Wielding Daggers because again, that's about all anyone preaches with a Rogue and it's much better than your Archery choice. Specializations would be Assassin/Bard (again, maximize those Cunning stats).

Wrong! XD

Wahaha!

I just came in w/ 2 and I really only advised 1! But yeah you're right. Stealth is a god-send in solos.

^This or really any dex heavy character.

This works better in awakening when accuracy is available though. Archers are godly in awakening
PUA: *whisper's in Rip's ear* Neg her. RIP: nag her?! PUA: *facepalm* XD

User Info: BgSoA

BgSoA
7 years ago#5
Archers are godly in Awakening.

Tell me about it. Everyone remember that ONE elite rank Hurlock Sniper at the Turnoble Estate? Yeah, that son of a ***** seriously ****** my **** up.
after you do get used to it, you'll wonder why people play twitchy, imprecise crap like Call of Duty or Halo. - Some guy on the KZ2 board.

User Info: Joker50

Joker50
7 years ago#6
IMO, a dex-based sword and shield warrior.

42 strength, max dexterity.

You will do decent damage, but will be nearly unhittable by end-game.

You will also do decent bow damage if you need some ranged attacks (archdemon, broodmother, etc.).
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. Nightmare solo build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived