What's the "easiest" class to play as?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. What's the "easiest" class to play as?

User Info: Colinp42

Colinp42
4 years ago#1
I'm not really a fan of the combat in this game, so I've been playing through on casual. I do have the ultimate edition though, and I want all the trophies, so I'll have to do those DLC bosses on nightmare. Now I'm thinking I'm not going to do the DLC on this playthrough (warrior), as I really didn't pay much attention to my build. But is there a consensus as to what the "best" class is for these challenging battles?
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!

User Info: Reference_Meme

Reference_Meme
4 years ago#2
Each class can do very well. For some of these Nightmare bosses, it's almost more about how well your party is built and synergises with each-other.

That said, there are optimal build strategies for each build type.

I like this FAQ, as it gives a broad overview of each class type and how to approach it: http://www.cheatbook.de/wfiles/dragonageoriginsclassbuild.htm

If you're good at micro-managing, i think a Mage would make things easiest to deal with. But a well build Warrior or Rogue can also tear through anything.

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
4 years ago#3
Mage is the most powerful class. But on ps3, targeting with them is horrible.

User Info: Rajamic

Rajamic
4 years ago#4
Two-handed Warrior is probably the easiest, as you basically just run in, draw aggro from everything with skills, then beat on everything till they die, while a Mage heals you. If you are also a Templar and use the right armors, you can also make yourself extremely resistant to magic attacks.

Mages and melee Rogues have a lot of tactical positioning to work out (particularly on higher difficulties for the Mages), and all other types of Warrior are outclassed by Two-handing.Archer rogues are pretty easy to play, but also probably contribute the least to the party (other than maybe archer and dual-wield warriors, which I've not really played with).

As far as optimal building and Nightmare difficulty, there is a consumable item in Awakening that lets you completely re-allocate all types of points on a character, and this item is purchasable en masse at a shop.

User Info: Mint_moogle

Mint_moogle
4 years ago#5
To add to Rajamic post. 2H warriors get immunity to stun and knowdown(this alone makes them one of the best choices).

They get 2 auto critical skills(although Mighty Blow is way better the Critical Strike) and a cheap low costing knockdown.

They also get a 50% chance to stun on all critical hits, can also debuff Attack and Armour ratings and to top it all off they get the great Two-Handed Sweep talent to help with crowd control.

About their only drawback is their somewhat slow attack speed but you can fix that with a mage's Haste spell or a swift salve if you ever want to attack faster.
PSN Drmoogle. RPG fans should check out Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. What's the "easiest" class to play as?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived