Mage armor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: rag_33

rag_33
7 years ago#1
this game seems to be lacking a place to buy decent mage robes. ive been stuck for half the game now with this robe i took of this dead blood mage chick so now ever one thinks im a cross dresser and they don't believe me when I say this is the only good robe i can find.(poeple watching me play the game)

User Info: zzenigmaxzz

zzenigmaxzz
7 years ago#2
go to the wonders of thedas in denerim and you will find some decent robes
Currently playing: Dragon Age: Origins
Xbox Live Gamertag : ZZenigmaxZZ

User Info: Another_Denshuu

Another_Denshuu
7 years ago#3
There's a bunch of good stuff int he Denerim shop. I just bought Reaper's Vestments:
+6 Constitution
+20% fire resistance
+16% spell resistance
+10% chance to dodge attacks
+12 armor

Awesome.
Duckets.

zzenigmaxzz
7 years ago#4
yeah i think the reapers vestments is the best one, thats what i have equipped on my mage

User Info: blayt7hh

blayt7hh
7 years ago#5

Yeah lol I found the wonders shop yesterday when I was level 13, and for the first time put on a new pair of robes since the Origin story

User Info: ThePeopleShow

ThePeopleShow
7 years ago#6
The Reaper's Vestaments Cost like 97gold and need a crapload of magic to use, so they are not a very good choice early. I would personally suggest becoming an Arcane Mage because it lets you use Magic as Strength when equipping gear. It opens up alot of possibilities and allows for a Melee fighting mage. My lvl 16 mage is maxed in Arcane and Spirit Healer, with side talents all pretty much in healing abilities. I hit 75's with a one hand mace(Regular White Damage)+ 17 fire damage from my Fire Weapon Aura + 12 Lightning Damage from two +6 Electricity runes. So all in all my hits are around 100 damage each. If you talent right a mage can "tank" as well or better than any other class due to all of the buffs you can stack on yourself.

zzenigmaxzz
7 years ago#7
the problem with putting on heavy armor is the fatigue issues .. i like keeping my mage in robes and out of the way .. let alistair and shale tank :D

User Info: Daivriel

Daivriel
7 years ago#8
Are there any that look good? I only have Morrigan as a mage and I kept her in her robes for the longest time because they looked the best. I now have her in Dalish armor and a funny looking mage cap.
GamerTag: RuneWraithe
Currently Playing: Mass Effect, Brutal Legend, Dragon Age: Origins

zzenigmaxzz
7 years ago#9
when you do her character quest (SPOILER BELOW)

if you chose to kill flemeth you get her key and inside is a nice robe for her that looks just like her original robe

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived