The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

game breaking glitches / and corrupt save files

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. game breaking glitches / and corrupt save files

User Info: ando32423242

ando32423242
7 years ago#1
I have heard there is some game breaking glitches and corrupt save file issues with this game. How likely are these going to happen or for the most part do the majority of people not run into problems? As I don't want to invest dozens of hours into the game and then run into one of these. Thanks.

User Info: Rycyyn

Rycyyn
7 years ago#2
I've played through the game maybe 5 times and only run into two game breaking glitches. One was during the Human Noble origin where a door wouldn't unlock after a conversation and the other is close to the end of the game during a side quest involving an orphanage. Both are caused by a lag issue where sometimes a conversation with not initiate or a door wont unlock after combat like it's supposed to and both can usually be fixed by loading back to the dashboard.

As far as corrupted saves, I haven't run into that at all.
And the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. (This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door-to-door salesmen.)-Good Omens

User Info: Punks4life

Punks4life
7 years ago#3
The corrupt save issue is said to come from the Stone Prisoner DLC but I myself cannot confirm this.
XBL Gamertag: II JoshMosh II (capital i's)
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter."

User Info: Rycyyn

Rycyyn
7 years ago#4
Actually the corrupt saves were said to come from exploiting the shop in Redcliff to get free stuff.
And the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. (This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door-to-door salesmen.)-Good Omens

User Info: Razbri

Razbri
7 years ago#5
Its actually caused by overloading vendors, when vendors are empty, the save file is 17mb, when the vendors have 200 million crystals in their junk folder (because of the crystal glitch), the save file is still 17mb so its all because of a bad vendor mechanic where they never drop their old junk.

People report the glitch only happens in redcliffe because that is where they do the glitch and sell the crystals, fact is, it happens anywhere, so during the 40 hr+ mark you would of sold a lot of stuff and then the save dies on you.

How the save corrupts nearby files is a mystery though.

User Info: koichi

koichi
7 years ago#6
I didnt see the end gaming glitch in the drawven city mentioned. was it fix?
"It seems to have run its course, gone off course, rolled down a cliff, hit a cow and then exploded."~Sven(About a thread.)

User Info: LordBaldar

LordBaldar
7 years ago#7
(Possible Spoilers)
I'm doing the quest where you have to rescue your main character and Alistair, and when I got there my main character won't interact with me. I am missing something? Is there anything I can do?
---Some people are born to use chainsaws, others have chain saws thrust upon them.

User Info: PokeReaver

PokeReaver
7 years ago#8
I had lots of stupid glitches, but nothing game breaking.
XBL Gamertag: St Walker
PSN Gamertag: St-Walker
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. game breaking glitches / and corrupt save files

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived