is the pranks and gifts DLC good for anything?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. is the pranks and gifts DLC good for anything?

User Info: arvid_eriksson

arvid_eriksson
5 years ago#1
either I'm doing it wrong or there really is no real use for it
Your mistletoe is no match to my T.O.W-missile

User Info: KasumiSchoolgrl

KasumiSchoolgrl
5 years ago#2

Well, I've personally found that in most cases a 50 increase in friendship is a bonus...never used the pranks, however.

User Info: widget624

widget624
5 years ago#3
Sten's gift can be useful in battle if your using him but that's the only real advantage outside the approval manipulation and novelty value.

User Info: Dragonknight85

Dragonknight85
5 years ago#4
Actually, you can use one of the pranks on Dog for a -50 Approval Penalty and increase it with the bones or Feastday Gift to 100 and actually get a approval bonus from him/her which was previously impossible before the release of Feastday Gifts/Pranks.
XBL GT:SkyKnight618
Currently Playing: Oblivion, FF XIII, Gears of War 2, SO3, Xenosaga Ep 3.

User Info: KasumiSchoolgrl

KasumiSchoolgrl
5 years ago#5

Yeah, Sten's feastday gift has proven useful to me, too. And the approval for dog seems to work with just the gift, even though his approval is already 100% - I gave him the stick and got the stat bonuses all at once.

User Info: arvid_eriksson

arvid_eriksson
5 years ago#6
*watches video expalining more*
ooh, you're not supposed to use it in camp

so I was using it wrong
Your mistletoe is no match to my T.O.W-missile

User Info: Bananular

Bananular
5 years ago#7
The Butterfly Sword is the best weapon for Sten, imo. It's bright and colorful, like his soul. Also, I'm pretty sure Sten secretly loves butterflies. Yes. I have been drinking.
4/20, Murder Zombies every day.
Xbawks Gamertag: ABD CakeTime

User Info: Fraust

Fraust
5 years ago#8
Forget Sten, I give my char that sword. I really like it.

User Info: bcarl

bcarl
5 years ago#9
The only other use I"ve seen is to lower Leliana's approval if raised too high, too fast. Zevran's feastday gift is quite fun, too, and adds a nice little bonus.

---

User Info: Phr34kyMonkey

Phr34kyMonkey
5 years ago#10
I use them for max Approval. You can also get unlimited amounts of the Gifts/Pranks with a bug with the Chest in Soldier's Peak, so you could give em all pranks and then gifts to bring it up. Its a novelty thing anyways.
Gamertag: CuRRy MoFo
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age: Origins
  3. is the pranks and gifts DLC good for anything?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived