How do you use augments?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. How do you use augments?

User Info: rizzy_wizzy

rizzy_wizzy
5 years ago#1
So I get these augments from slicing missions and it says i can use them to upgrade my weapons and armor but when I click on them it says I cannot equip that. I also tried to use it on one of my moddable chest piece, but there is no slot for it. So how do I actually use these augments?
Xbox Live GT: MongooseRiz

User Info: SyxxPakk6

SyxxPakk6
5 years ago#2
Certain items take certain mods.

Control + Rigtht click a slotted weapon and you can remove an old mod and put in the new one.
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
League of Legends: Trippi |Annie / Karma / Veigar / Morgana|

User Info: Cabose420

Cabose420
5 years ago#3
augments are only used on crafted gear since most crafted gear cannot be modded.

User Info: rizzy_wizzy

rizzy_wizzy
5 years ago#4
So I have slicing with cybertech and scavenging, can I augment my mods or it has to be a crafted weapon or armor?
Xbox Live GT: MongooseRiz

User Info: Cabose420

Cabose420
5 years ago#5
they only work with crafted armor, not weapons. you also can't mod a mod.
(message deleted)

User Info: SithSpaceRaptor

SithSpaceRaptor
5 years ago#7
Basically, if someone crafts gear, there is a chance their companion will have done it with "great success". This means that the item is [exceptional] or [advanced] or something along those lines, which gives them an augment slot. That's where your augments come in.
"My best friend smoked a marihuana cigarette once. A few years later he hunged himself." - ProphetBlade88
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. How do you use augments?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived