The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Why is it downloading so slow?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Why is it downloading so slow?

User Info: Ind1g0

Ind1g0
5 years ago#1
173 KB/s...

and I have a direct link to my modem and all.
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.

User Info: project122

project122
5 years ago#2
maybe you have an outdated PC...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: Ind1g0

Ind1g0
5 years ago#3
I'm on a laptop...

Is that the problem? lol
If you believe in the flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it copy this to your sig.

User Info: project122

project122
5 years ago#4
sorry if i sound like a duche...but i was just saying...,my laptop is about 2.5 years old and when dling the game i was at mb...so i don't know...maybe you have an outdated laptop...
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]

User Info: pyber80

pyber80
5 years ago#5
Dunno why you jump right to it being the laptop. It could just be slow internet due to it being prime time on a Friday night, a popular time for both people to be on and for ISP's to throttle bandwidth. Or just slow internet to begin with of course.
The Art of Trolling
http://tinyurl.com/perolex

User Info: havok718

havok718
5 years ago#6

sorry if i sound like a duche...but i was just saying...,my laptop is about 2.5 years old and when dling the game i was at mb...so i don't know...maybe you have an outdated laptop...

I thought you were trolling with that first post but... wow. My grandmother probably knows more about computers than you.

User Info: thronedfire2

thronedfire2
5 years ago#7
Computer age has nothing to do with download speed.

It's all about your ISP and any firewalls you might have that limit p2p transfers.
A book hasn't given me this much trouble since Where's Waldo went to that barber shop pole factory!

User Info: TheMobGoblin53

TheMobGoblin53
5 years ago#8

/twitches  PATATO PANCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info: Fazap

Fazap
5 years ago#9
I have the same problem, and its not my computer and my download speed is usually fair. im at 91KB/s. its upsetting cause i just want to play
I miss the days when we would say "Good Game" after a match.

User Info: buddles

buddles
5 years ago#10
i'm not going to brag how fast my internet is, but I am going to say that the problem is on your end
(router, modem, ect)
Because I want to pay 15$ a month to kill internet bears for 14 hours a day until I am good enough to kill slightly bigger internet bears.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Why is it downloading so slow?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived