Help with a Jedi Shadow Tank build.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Help with a Jedi Shadow Tank build.

User Info: Muljo Stpho

Muljo Stpho
4 years ago#11
CTLM posted...
As a healer, can I add "please don't charge way ahead of me so I can do my job?" My last group got SLAUGHTERED because the tank kept running ahead of everyone nonstop, leaving us behind to fend. A DPS tried his best to fill the role, but we know that doesn't work. I kept everyone alive for as long as I could

I've seen this behavior too when I play a healer. The tank charges through the enemy line into the next group past them and you get the "target out of range" warning when you try to heal. Or maybe the tank disappears behind a corner or something so you get the "can't see target" warning when you try to heal. Either way, you're trying to chase the tank down and get into a spot where you can help everybody, and you're probably going to get swarmed by enemies while you're at it.
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby

User Info: Deaths_Blade

Deaths_Blade
4 years ago#12
Muljo Stpho posted...
I've seen this behavior too when I play a healer. The tank charges through the enemy line into the next group past them and you get the "target out of range" warning when you try to heal. Or maybe the tank disappears behind a corner or something so you get the "can't see target" warning when you try to heal. Either way, you're trying to chase the tank down and get into a spot where you can help everybody, and you're probably going to get swarmed by enemies while you're at it.

Charging into the next mob isn't always bad. I run a fast pace during FP's when the group is in good condition. But running through multiple mobs and causing chaos is definitely bad.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV

User Info: CTLM

CTLM
4 years ago#13
Fast pace can be good. One group I ran with I could tell the leader KNEW what he was doing. It was fun as hell and encouraging. I wrote the group's name down somewhere, wish I could find it. I would join them again without hesitation.

Deaths_Blade
4 years ago#14
CTLM posted...
Fast pace can be good. One group I ran with I could tell the leader KNEW what he was doing. It was fun as hell and encouraging. I wrote the group's name down somewhere, wish I could find it. I would join them again without hesitation.

Oh yeah, that was me.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it - Thomas Paine: The American Crisis IV

CTLM
4 years ago#15
That's funny. You're welcome to swap to the Covenant server though

Deaths_Blade
4 years ago#16
CTLM posted...
That's funny. You're welcome to swap to the Covenant server though

I play Red Eclipse. Shame really, so few people know what they're doing.

CTLM
4 years ago#17
I don't know what I am doing, that's why I am not the leader. I am learning still. The worst is making stupid mistakes that I should've known better. My fear is everyone will know my name and purposely screw me over in groups/flashpoints because I suck, never allowing me to get better

User Info: Pteran

Pteran
4 years ago#18
CTLM posted...
I don't know what I am doing, that's why I am not the leader. I am learning still. The worst is making stupid mistakes that I should've known better. My fear is everyone will know my name and purposely screw me over in groups/flashpoints because I suck, never allowing me to get better

Don't ever visit bars in Boston then. Everybody knows your name.
"Im talking about 2 hits. I hit you, you hit the floor."- Keenan

User Info: happyscrub1

happyscrub1
4 years ago#19
You got to be a complete idiot to make a bad build in this game. Everything is good in every tree spec with only a few spots where you have to decided on utility (pvp) vs damage/resist (pve).

I mean, it should be pretty obvious
http://happyscrub.com/tierlist.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Star Wars: The Old Republic
  3. Help with a Jedi Shadow Tank build.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived