anyone on 1.0.174? im getting patch_mp.ff is different from server error

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  3. anyone on 1.0.174? im getting patch_mp.ff is different from server error

User Info: bigsausagepizza

bigsausagepizza
7 years ago#1

i hit up mw2 about 20 min ago and it looks like a patch downloaded, instantly.

and ingame its 1.0.174 and i try to join game when its loading then it says patch_mp.ff is different from server?

User Info: DaRkDrAgOn553

DaRkDrAgOn553
7 years ago#2
I'm on 1.0.174 as well but whenever I try to find a game it stays "Connecting to IWnet...".

User Info: Richter1234

Richter1234
7 years ago#3
Since the update i cant find any games.
"Lucius: AFLONG AFLONGKONG"

User Info: bigsausagepizza

bigsausagepizza
7 years ago#4
yep, i think its because like 95% of the players online dont have the patch yet.
http://www.modernwarfare2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=221756&sid=209af830ecfddad980f0e1f326dd5dfa
^ patchnotes

User Info: hraza1991

hraza1991
7 years ago#5
Which Versions Do u Have English ???? @ Bigsausage

User Info: inloved

inloved
7 years ago#6
got the same problem earlier this morning. the reason i guess is not all files of the update are downloaded - may be just "im4mp.exe" is updated. anyway Ive solved it.

the solution is to download file "patch_mp.ff" at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5F69928P and replace with this same file at steam\steamapps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\zone\english

may be "patch_mp.ff" is not the only file need to update, but it works for me now.

other way i guess you can try to reinstall the game and reupdate it using steam.

User Info: tasman01

tasman01
7 years ago#7

Or you could delete it, use verify integrity and have it DL it from Steam servers!

1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  3. anyone on 1.0.174? im getting patch_mp.ff is different from server error

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived