"Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Problem You Might Not Know About"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Type-0
  3. "Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Problem You Might Not Know About"

User Info: wvnative03

wvnative03
5 years ago#11
Actually this seems legit. The later seasons of the fresh prince of bel air were delayed for a dvd release due to music licensing issues for songs used in a few of the episodes.

I realize this is a bit different, but fact is, dem music companies are greedy bastards.
RIP 60gb PS3, December 25th, 2006-July 12th, 2012

User Info: theofficefan99

theofficefan99
5 years ago#12
wvnative03 posted...
Actually this seems legit. The later seasons of the fresh prince of bel air were delayed for a dvd release due to music licensing issues for songs used in a few of the episodes.

I realize this is a bit different, but fact is, dem music companies are greedy bastards.

Yeah I honestly think this is/was an issue with the localization process for Type-0.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin

User Info: wvnative03

wvnative03
5 years ago#13
These music laws seriously need to change... they cause so many issues like this.

I think once a music distributor gives permission to lets say square enix for this game, then that song is always gonna be approved for re-releases of the same game.

For example i mentioned those episodes of fresh prince of bel air... well, those songs were approved for the show wayyyyyy back in the 90s for use in those episodes, so why should they have to seek permission to re release them on DVD?

They already approved them years ago... why should they be re-approved?
RIP 60gb PS3, December 25th, 2006-July 12th, 2012

User Info: shaka de virgem

shaka de virgem
5 years ago#14
which is why the recent episodes of Beavis & Butt-Head avoid showing too much music videos,otherwise it would be like the old episodes,that got awlful DVD releases(anybody who had seen the fan-made DVD collection you can find on the internet knows they are a thousand times better than the official ones,truly complete and truly uncut with lots of rare bonus material included.)
3DS friend code: 2707-2406-9689

User Info: hyro56

hyro56
5 years ago#15
More excuses, huh?
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.

User Info: Ahmida

Ahmida
5 years ago#16
I would just like to point out this isn't even uncommon for domestic Japanese things. For example the Full Metal Panic!: The Second Raid dvd/bluray release in Japan had a song removed from it that, get this, is the theme song op for the rest of the FMP series. It plays as an insert during the last ep. Needless to say this is actually a very realistic and more likely reason then anything else really. As that article mentions it no longer becomes a matter of localization, but might require reworking the game itself.

User Info: ThatOneGuySteve

ThatOneGuySteve
5 years ago#17
Pretty sure S-E knows the PSP is a dying system in the US(compared to Japan), and are either waiting for an iOS release, or an HD console release.
If murder were legal, I'd play the genocide game.
Official Steve

User Info: MagiusNecros

MagiusNecros
5 years ago#18
ThatOneGuySteve posted...
Pretty sure S-E knows the PSP is a dying system in the US(compared to Japan), and are either waiting for an iOS release, or an HD console release.

iOS would be brutal considering the controls required.
I GILGAMESH FAN KING WILL CONQUER THE VERSUS BOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA!
Official GILGAMESH/BARBATOS/MAGNUS of every Gamefaqs Board

User Info: SentinelBurrito

SentinelBurrito
5 years ago#19
MagiusNecros posted...
Sounds like BS to me.

Pretty much. It didn't stop FF8 or FF9 from getting released. And FFXIII they paid for Leona Lewis. Surely they'd have no problem with this.
Main Villain of This Board
*Actually thinks Lightning and Shadow the Hedgehog are cool characters.*

User Info: hyro56

hyro56
5 years ago#20
Song won't have copyright issues because "Zero" playing in the background makes the ending so much more impactful.
Please feel free to correct me on my grammar and/or spelling. I appreciate your help.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy Type-0
  3. "Final Fantasy Type-0 Localization Problem You Might Not Know About"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived