How to install GTA4 on windows 7

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. How to install GTA4 on windows 7

User Info: flawless72

flawless72
8 years ago#1
I have the win7 beta and I am trying to install GTA 4 but I keep getting an error message. I read somewhere that to correct thsi problem you have to go to DVD contents and change setup.exe to win xp sp2. My only problem is, I have no idea how to get to DVD contents. Please forgive my ignorance. If anyone could help me out with a step step guide as to how to do this I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

User Info: Stouffer2006

Stouffer2006
8 years ago#2
Start, Computer, right click DVD of GTA and open, not auto run then you should be in there.
alt+89, alt+111, alt+117, alt+76, alt+111, alt+115, alt+116

User Info: flawless72

flawless72
8 years ago#3
Dude, thank you so much. I got it now. I really appreciated that.

User Info: demolisher323

demolisher323
8 years ago#4
When I try to install GTA 4 on windows 7 i get error 2000 failed to launch application

User Info: Billy_Bob_Joe

Billy_Bob_Joe
8 years ago#5
You have to install GfW Live and the C++ 2005 files seperately. They're in the DVD as well.
I havent read the bible but im sure captain falcon is in there already. - Metalynx335
LOL, BOLD

User Info: mightymilk

mightymilk
8 years ago#6

i've got C++ and Windows Live and Rockstar Social Club installed.

however when i go to install the main Setup.exe i get the following error:

Your system is incompatible with %P

Please follow the link to below for more information.

i click the link, and it's instructions to download XP Service Pack 3

first off i'm running Windows 7

secondly i've tried running them both w/o and with compatibility mode (set to Vista)

both do not work.

please help.

User Info: machinesaw

machinesaw
8 years ago#7
You have to set the compatibility mode to XP service pack 2. It should install just fine then.

User Info: pepolz

pepolz
8 years ago#8
I installed the game, but i cant play it. i think i got problems with the NET FRAMEWORK, I got no idea what that is, and when i start the game, i get the black window with nothing in it, and it just closes, can anyone help me.

User Info: pepolz

pepolz
8 years ago#9
pepolz posted...
I installed the game, but i cant play it. i think i got problems with the NET FRAMEWORK, I got no idea what that is, and when i start the game, i get the black window with nothing in it, and it just closes, can anyone help me.

-when im installing the net framework 3.0 x86 it tells me i have an error, and closes everything.

User Info: DaMan20

DaMan20
8 years ago#10
Why the hell would you install a beta version of Windows (that still has thousand of bugs) on your only pc?You should have another pc to test Windows 7 on.
'I Wanna Rock & Roll All Nite And Party Every Day!'
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. How to install GTA4 on windows 7

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived