What the flying f*** is up with these controls

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. What the flying f*** is up with these controls

User Info: MaxCHEATER64

MaxCHEATER64
4 years ago#1
Okay so I just bought this game off Steam. I jumped through the 30+ hoops just to get playing, and now I'm finding it completely unplayable due to the atrocious (and unchangable) control scheme.

Specifically for vehicles, as I haven't even gotten out of my car yet.
Who in their right mind decided that WASD was the best steering method? Just no.
I wouldn't even have a problem if it automatically snapped the camera behind my car, but no, I have to continuously move the mouse which doesn't work because my mousepad is not infinitely large.

So what I'm asking here is is there any way to either A: Make it so the camera snaps behind your car, B: reverse the controls for steering/camera when in car, or C: get a PS3 controller to work on my PC.
Thank you.
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 years ago#2
The control scheme is changeable, you're definitely missing something. To center your camera; tap caplock which is also your look back button. To use a PS3 controller; you'll need to download MotioninJoy and use http://www.motioninjoy.com/blog/motioninjoy-simulate-xbox-360-controller-virtual-xinput-device to emulate the 360 controller.
Playing the **** out of "Osu!"

User Info: MaxCHEATER64

MaxCHEATER64
4 years ago#3
Hmm...I'll try just continuously tapping Caps Lock.
i5-3570K | HD 7850 | Z77-D3H | 700W | Intel 550 180GB | Seagate Barracuda 1T
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. What the flying f*** is up with these controls

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived