Awesomely fun

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: builder111

builder111
5 years ago#1
Atmosphere, story, characters, combat, gadgets, graphics, stealth, secrets, metroidvania...great game I've barely put it down.

User Info: joegt123

joegt123
5 years ago#2
Metroidvania? I didn't think that there was that much freeroamability to the environment.
http://youtu.be/QHdk36PNuVw?t=50s THE reason I'm giving the Dante May Cry a chance.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Glitch 3, and too many to count.

builder111
5 years ago#3
what are you talking about freeroam? you get powers and go back to previous places accessing areas you couldn't get to before, hence metroidvania.

User Info: joegt123

joegt123
5 years ago#4
Maybe, but it seems more to me that if your backtracking with new abilities is scripted with little or no free exploration before you run into the next story bit, then it doesn't count. If you can run the whole asylum with full or at least mostly full freedom as long as you don't go walk into the room with the boss right at the end, then THAT is metroidvania, the way I see it.
http://youtu.be/QHdk36PNuVw?t=50s THE reason I'm giving the Dante May Cry a chance.
Currently Playing: Assassin's Glitch 3, and too many to count.

User Info: leftwich7

leftwich7
5 years ago#5
Lol. I haven't played this game in 3 years. Only completed 25% of it on normal.

Today I decided to pick it back up to finish it before I play Arkham City. So I restarted the game on Hard. Im in love all over again. Im hooked. Game feels new and still amazes me.
"If you know the enemy better than you know yourself, the outcome of the battle has already been decided." - Sun Tzu

builder111
5 years ago#6
Hard mode is the way to go, much more rewarding. I've completed the main game 100% and moved onto the challenges, love the awesome freeflow combos. For me this game is almost perfect.

Onto Arkham City next!

User Info: stapler87

stapler87
5 years ago#7
builder111 posted...
what are you talking about freeroam? you get powers and go back to previous places accessing areas you couldn't get to before, hence metroidvania.

This is also what comes to my mind when I think metroidvania.
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin

User Info: RPGNinja123

RPGNinja123
4 years ago#8
stapler87 posted...
builder111 posted...

This is also what comes to my mind when I think metroidvania.

That wouldn't really be Metroidvania then, that would just be Metroid as they were one of the first to repeatedly do that. Metroidvania comes from the fact that SOTN reinvented themselves by copying the Metroid look and style from SNES.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop),
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV

builder111
4 years ago#9
whatever dude

User Info: RPGNinja123

RPGNinja123
4 years ago#10
builder111 posted...
whatever dude

I know it sucks being proven wrong.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls (just PvPing and Coop),
Games on Deck : Dragon Age 1, Deus Ex, , FO:NV

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived