Crate in Water Puzzle. WTF?? *spoilers*

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. Crate in Water Puzzle. WTF?? *spoilers*

User Info: knivesX2004

knivesX2004
1 year ago#1
Ok I know Trico is supposed to stick his tail into the water area so I can climb on the crate and grab it, but he's not doing anything.

Am I doing something wrong?
I'm spamming R1 + O and nothing is happening :(

User Info: A_Nonny_Moose

A_Nonny_Moose
1 year ago#2
This is the only part I got really stuck on, where I knew what to do but Trico just would not do it. He has to stamp around a bit to make another hole that his tail falls through, and it falls right at the back of the cave, opposite the platform. So I had to push the crate over there, where his tail was going to be, and then he started cooperating.
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png

User Info: gaztop77

gaztop77
1 year ago#3
This is probably the worst puzzle in the game. There is a specific area you need to push the crate to near the back right post.

User Info: Cyanea

Cyanea
1 year ago#4
His tail doesnt seem to be 100% scripted thats why it gets stuck sometimes.
Alien Isolation is the best horror game on current gen!

User Info: chrismachine

chrismachine
1 year ago#5
I seemed to get the tail down by diving under the water a little bit and then resurfacing. I did that twice, actually, and it worked for me.

User Info: VampireRonin

VampireRonin
1 year ago#6
i had trouble here too but then noticed the floor boards were moving when Trico moved, so I called zim to different corners of the room attempting to make the floor collapse, then lo and behold zer tail popped down and I escaped feeling good about myself.
PSVita | PS4 | 3DS | Linux | Pyra
uorenaissance.com ... the greatest mmorpg

User Info: Pfloydguy2

Pfloydguy2
1 year ago#7
This is the part of the game where I realized I hated the game. Fortunately, the game gets much better afterward and eventually it made me love it.

User Info: Syggys

Syggys
1 year ago#8
I guess i'm the only one that liked this puzzle
SFV: Birdie
UK // PSN: SygBoss

User Info: Cyanea

Cyanea
1 year ago#9
Syggys posted...
I guess i'm the only one that liked this puzzle

Theres nothing wrong with the puzzle, I like it. But the problem is that it doesnt work properly, Tricos tail gets stuck sometimes.
Alien Isolation is the best horror game on current gen!

User Info: 3HP

3HP
1 year ago#10
Worst "puzzle" in the game by far... Actually it might be equal with the cage rolling section.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. Crate in Water Puzzle. WTF?? *spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived