Please say the controls improve?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. Please say the controls improve?

User Info: a123454321

a123454321
11 months ago#1
Played about an hour now and seems most of that time has been fighting the camera to appear where i want it to be. Got to the point the camera is moving around so much that im getting motion sickness.

I know reviews mentioned the controls and camera being sub standard but so far this is the worst ive seen in a game

User Info: Syggys

Syggys
11 months ago#2
Took me a couple of hours to get used to it, then I completely forgot about it. And now i've played it through multiple times with no problems. I can't even remember what issues I had with the controls tbh because it's just become natural, but I know I hated them at first.
SFV: Birdie
UK // PSN: SygBoss

a123454321
11 months ago#3
Its more the camera than anything. Will be stood still and it will just flip 180 degrees for no reason, or will get stuck behind Trico

User Info: true_horror

true_horror
11 months ago#4
25% of the game is spent with the screen full of feathers.

User Info: barf_syndrome

barf_syndrome
11 months ago#5
I stopped about halfway through the game because of the anger inducing camera.
You are now ignoring this user's topics, posts, and PMs.

a123454321
11 months ago#6
Amazing after 10 years in development, this is the best control scheme they came up with

User Info: VampireRonin

VampireRonin
11 months ago#7
It's pretty much on par with SotC, so that means the controls can be a bit janky at times.
The best advice I have is to experiment with L1 and learn to use it to your advantage. Also, don't insist on riding Trico through narrow areas-- in those cases it's better to run ahead on foot and then call Trico over.
PSVita | PS4 | 3DS | Linux | Pyra
uorenaissance.com ... the greatest mmorpg

User Info: the_NGW

the_NGW
11 months ago#8
I mean, the controls are the controls, there's no way for them to improve mid-game without just outright changing them on you. As for getting used to them, that's all on you. I got pretty comfortable with them over my playthrough, with the poor climbing around on Trico being the only thing I never got the best hang of.
GP Vs 2016: Second Place Winner
"Do you have the courage to ride with the devil?", PSN: ourtheNGW, SSB 3DS Mains: R.O.B., Duck Hunt

User Info: RoaringBlood

RoaringBlood
11 months ago#9
Increasing camera speed helped me out a lot. I was super frustrated at first but once I did this and got used to it I was only mildly frustrated. I think the issue is the camera is designed with vast open areas in mind (like sotc) which doesn't work well in small confined areas.

User Info: VampireRonin

VampireRonin
11 months ago#10
the_NGW posted...
I mean, the controls are the controls, there's no way for them to improve mid-game without just outright changing them on you. As for getting used to them, that's all on you. I got pretty comfortable with them over my playthrough, with the poor climbing around on Trico being the only thing I never got the best hang of.

My best advice for climbing is to never try climbing up Trico's front legs, otherwise you will discover that they are actually spiral staircases.
PSVita | PS4 | 3DS | Linux | Pyra
uorenaissance.com ... the greatest mmorpg
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Guardian
  3. Please say the controls improve?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived