Top Lane Alistar - AD or AP?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Top Lane Alistar - AD or AP?

User Info: Cpt_Cracker

Cpt_Cracker
5 years ago#1
Also, what Rune Set up/masteries?

Last game, I went support ali, but was forced top. I built the usual, boots + hog + philo, but then got a sheen>triforce. I found myself to be squishy, but after Tri force and a negatron, I could jump the enemy ap carry, and the team couldn't stop me.

The AP ratios are not that great, but he does have a sustain mechanic.

User Info: Toe_Jamulonis

Toe_Jamulonis
5 years ago#2
He's kind of easy to bully around in a 1v1 lane if your opponent has any range, but you should always consider Frozen Heart on Alistar.

Early game you can win a lot of trades with your CC and your AoE heal keeping your creeps alive in a 1v1 situation.

User Info: Will_Underscore

Will_Underscore
5 years ago#3
Play AD, walk up to top lane with a doran's blade and dunk like a boss.

His biggest laning problem is his mana pool. Landing W+Q and some aa is great(especially when you can E the trade damage away) but you'll run oom quickly. But when mid game hits, jump on the carry, hit r and go crazy.
And all the feeders and trolls will look up and shout "Carry us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper "No"

User Info: Cpt_Cracker

Cpt_Cracker
5 years ago#4

Play AD, walk up to top lane with a doran's blade and dunk like a boss.

His biggest laning problem is his mana pool. Landing W+Q and some aa is great(especially when you can E the trade damage away) but you'll run oom quickly. But when mid game hits, jump on the carry, hit r and go crazy.

Doran's might not be a bad start. I'm thinking Ad marks, and MS quints. He's also hard to gank due to CC and tankiness. What about these masteries:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=1-3-0-0-4-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree2=0-3-3-0-4-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=1-0-3-0-4-2-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&v=2
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Top Lane Alistar - AD or AP?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived