What does the term "proc" mean?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. What does the term "proc" mean?

User Info: Zero17

Zero17
6 years ago#1
I've seen the term Proc used many times since I began playing a month and a half ago. Such as in these design notes:

The cleave passive will no longer proc while hitting towers

I've never been able to find what it means-I've tried googling it without finding anything, and there's nothing on the Gamefaqs boards about it. FAQ searches come up with nothing...can someone tell me what "Proc" means?
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6568/zero17sig.png

User Info: enamea

enamea
6 years ago#2
I just means to activate.

User Info: CuddleWithClaws

CuddleWithClaws
6 years ago#3
It's an acronym for something, which I cannot remember. However, a "proc" is something that activates randomly due to a % chance on a certain occassion. For instance, Madred's (the first one) has a 15% chance to deal 500 damage to a minion or creep. That is a proc.
Bethesda Games rules.

User Info: Brainhunter

Brainhunter
6 years ago#4
I assume it means to "process" an effect or ability.

I'm going to hijack this thread and ask: what does CC stand for? I know what CC represents (stuns, slows, snares, etc.), but the letters, what do they mean?

User Info: Chazwazer

Chazwazer
6 years ago#5
Crowd Control

User Info: Ultima_Weapon33

Ultima_Weapon33
6 years ago#6
I believe it's Programmed Random Occurance or something like that.

CC means Crowd Control, and from what I get it basically means that you control the enemy's actions in a way other than death.

I really think OP (opponent control) would be better since Crowd infers more than one being, but OverPowered would conflict, I guess.
The CHA King ~ Garen, TF, Anivia, Ashe, Vlad, Kayle, Nid, Corki, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Xin, WW, Annie, Jax, Taric, Kat, AP Yi, Trynd, Poppy, Teemo, 'n Tristana.

User Info: enamea

enamea
6 years ago#7
I assume it means to "process" an effect or ability.
If you want to be exact, "proc" is short for "special procedure".

CC is for Crown Control. Basically anything that inhibits a player from controling his character.

User Info: The_masked_DS

The_masked_DS
6 years ago#8
Seeing as this is basically an acronym topic, what's oom?
ARE YOU OKAY?!!?! BUSTA WOLF!!!!

User Info: DarkenedTemplar

DarkenedTemplar
6 years ago#9
out of mana
"How could it possibly be a deal breaker, unless you're a child...in which case this game is rated M..." - ChikinSloat

User Info: ZombieMadcow

ZombieMadcow
6 years ago#10
WTF = Waltzes Tangos and Foxtrots.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thrall&cn=Suleiman
INB4AVSFAN33
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. What does the term "proc" mean?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived