Skintimidation, is it real?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Skintimidation, is it real?

User Info: user_pt

user_pt
4 years ago#21
I usually play more carefully against a skinned champion, its a fact, maybe because normally people buy the skins for those champions they play with more often and therefore are better at playing them. Of course this isn't always true, sometimes, after a couple of minutes into a game I realize that the player who owns the skinned champion is probably a rich kid who has the money but lacks the skill.
Since I do not own any skins other than the free ones, I believe I don't cause any "skintimidation" to anybody.

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
4 years ago#22
When I first started playing I used to see skins as kind of like a mark of mastery, if I met someone with a skin then they were obviously proficient with the champion. I don't hold people with skins to such high standards anymore though. Money doesn't always equal skill.
Master Of The Dead 4 years ago#23
I'd say a Skin shows that someone does or wants to play a certain champ a lot. Nothing more.
www.youtube.com/DayyHughes
http://i.imgur.com/jcW29.gif

User Info: _HeX

_HeX
4 years ago#24
I buy skins for two reasons;

1. I like the champion and I want to look good while using him/her.
2. Their default skin is absolutely ***** horrible and when I'm using that champion I don't want to look like a bum.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

User Info: funkedelike

funkedelike
4 years ago#25
I always look at skins on less played champs, like Rumble or Shaco. If I see a Shaco on my team and he doesn't have a skin, I just assume he will feed. But if he has one, I assume he will at least put up a fight before feeding.
PSN: boozinator23
Steam/LoL/Minecraft: Funkedelike

User Info: Gevauden

Gevauden
4 years ago#26
LordClyde posted...
Real pros don't buy skins.. Skins usually means scrub for me.

Lol get a job.
good, let the hatred flow through you. waste more of your own time. yes...good

User Info: Octans

Octans
4 years ago#27
everyone knows skins = skill

if you get a skin that means you are good. no question asked.
Not changing this until the Mariners win the world series.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n69/paulfuss/SteamPunk.png

User Info: Biglabron

Biglabron
4 years ago#28
The only champion I would be remotely worried about having a skin is nasus.

As a strong nasus player who has a skin for him I know not many people get a Nasus skin unless they are pretty darn good with him.
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!

User Info: Extension_Force

Extension_Force
4 years ago#29
usually i assume that someone with a skin has played at least a few games with that champ....but i always find it wise to feel out your lane opponent for a minute or so before diving headfirst into a duel whether they have a skin or not, so it doesnt really affect how i play

that being said, i dread going into a game and finding like a poppy with a skin. you KNOW that nobody with a poppy skin is playing their first game with them, and in normals that usually means your top is going to get %$^%# up.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Skintimidation, is it real?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived