Does 5x Black Cleaver really work on Garen?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Does 5x Black Cleaver really work on Garen?

User Info: mariokirbyfox

mariokirbyfox
4 years ago#11
I gotta say that for Riven she gets so much more OP late game than you she used to with Black Cleavers now.
Old final build:
Merc Treads, Guardian Angel, 3x Bloodthirster, Last Whisper

New Final Build:
Merc Treads, Guardian Angel, 4x Black Cleaver

Assuming fully stacked Bloodthirsters youre down 140 AD, 40% Armor Pen and a little Armor and MR.
However, she has gained 60 flat armor pen, 30% Armor Reduction, 1000 Health and 40% CDR which more than makes up for the losses.
My old signature was deemed offensive to politicians. Now Ill just be offensive to hamsters. Stupid lazy hamsters.

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
4 years ago#12
No.

Four cleavers and a bulwark/GA works just fine, though.
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing

User Info: Dottled

Dottled
4 years ago#13
More than 3 is overkill (literally?). It might be fun to see when it's pulled off, but you're just not gonna last long against a competent team. I think on Garen you're better taking 3 cleavers, a maw for the magic resist and some AD, and an atma's gives armor, a good AD boost due to your extra health plus much desired crit for your spin.

This gives you enough defense due to the boost from W, 30% cdr, about 3k health, a lot of armor pen, and 250ish AD, plus crit. I don't think a 4th is worth it.
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.

User Info: _Sociology_

_Sociology_
4 years ago#14
Yes.

ANything works on low elo
Sexo e tao BAO.
Verdade? MHMM.

User Info: beedtracker

beedtracker
4 years ago#15
Bc got nerfed just now
Halo4 is a gothamcityimpostors clone, which is not a good thing at all
Anarchy Reigns is coming for 30 bucks, get hype!

User Info: mystic belmont

mystic belmont
4 years ago#16
More than 3 is overkill (literally?). It might be fun to see when it's pulled off, but you're just not gonna last long against a competent team. I think on Garen you're better taking 3 cleavers, a maw for the magic resist and some AD, and an atma's gives armor, a good AD boost due to your extra health plus much desired crit for your spin.

This gives you enough defense due to the boost from W, 30% cdr, about 3k health, a lot of armor pen, and 250ish AD, plus crit. I don't think a 4th is worth it.

Well, if you are playing a tank,, and you reduced all of the opponents armor by 30%, it makes short work for the group.
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]

User Info: Dottled

Dottled
4 years ago#17
mystic belmont posted...

Well, if you are playing a tank,, and you reduced all of the opponents armor by 30%, it makes short work for the group.

You can still do this with 3 cleavers. An AD carry like Trist, Ashe or Vayne could kite him easily so he really needs the defense imo.
Overused memes disqualify you from conversing with me.

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
4 years ago#18
Bc got nerfed just now

Only on PBE. The nerfs may change. Personally I think the penetration being unique was a good change but reducing the amount of flat pen it gives is overkill.
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, Hawkeye, Secret Avengers, Gambit, JLD, and Batwing

User Info: mystic belmont

mystic belmont
4 years ago#19
You could probably make the reduction passive unique, that would probably fix it.
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Does 5x Black Cleaver really work on Garen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived