Has anyone completely switched their "main role" because of bad players?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Has anyone completely switched their "main role" because of bad players?

User Info: piepiez

piepiez
4 years ago#1
I used to main top, but 75% of the games I played would have an ADC feeder (usually a double kill within the first 5 mins). I decided to learn ADC and improve upon it as much as I can so that I could prevent this. I know that you're supposed to know every role, but I was just wondering if anyone else left their "comfort zone" to branch out and try to prevent feeding.

User Info: Th4tOneDud3

Th4tOneDud3
4 years ago#2
Switched from mid to jungler to support. Gotta fill the roles that people are usually horrible at.

User Info: Javij01

Javij01
4 years ago#3
ADC is by far my best role but I wouldnt say I "main" anything. I only play adc in ranked because of what you mentioned, hard to win games late when your adc is brain dead. I play everything but adc when not playing ranked though
i5-2500k @ 4.5 ghz || Hyper Evo212+ || Sapphire 6950 || 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws || MSI P67A-43 || Corsair 500r || Catleap IPS || Kingston 240gb SSD

User Info: T_J1

T_J1
4 years ago#4
Played ADC in season 2 but got tired of watching top and mid do terrible and getting overran and focused late game. Swapped to mid at the end of season 2 and beginning of season 3 and again got tired of watching bot lane go 0/7 and dealing with their fed ADC even with me ganking their lane a ton. I have now swapped to jungle and sometimes support just so it is easier to keep all lanes from feeding or even make it so a somewhat braindead ADC on my team still does feed.

TLDR- Swapped to jungle to keep lanes from feeding.
-End wall of rambling nonsense.
---

User Info: darth254

darth254
4 years ago#5
why switch? someone will suck somewhere else, especially with the pessimistic/condescending attitude that is so very prevalent in this game.

I just play where I want to.

User Info: Small_appliance

Small_appliance
4 years ago#6
I started to main jungler because nobody wants to play it ever and I was sick of having duotops.

I get really excited when someone else plays jungle because then I get to mid or ADC, which I really enjoy.
Cooler than Freddie Jackson sippin' a milkshake in a snowstorm.

User Info: WhiteKnightLeo

WhiteKnightLeo
4 years ago#7
Was support, added jungle because those are the two roles no one ever really wants to do.
Bring me the finest muffins and bagels in the land.

User Info: djwilz2

djwilz2
4 years ago#8
For the longest time, I only played kennen mid or top since he was really the only person I played with. Since I stopped playing and restarted again due to finally getting a good comp, I started only really playing premades and ARAMs, so usually I just fill because my friends usually instalock or call a role at the very beginning. Now, I like never get Mid or Top since they're usually taken, which makes me pretty sad since I'm just too nice of a guy :|
PSN/LoL IGN: cuddlecupcake GC IGN: darrin
3DS FC: 4468-1307-5855 White: [Darrin] [1679-0865-1198] White 2: [Darrin] [2108-6476-4749]

User Info: piepiez

piepiez
4 years ago#9
Thanks for all the input guys.

User Info: DualSword31

DualSword31
4 years ago#10
i get sick of everyone being bad but me, why can't i play all 5 roles at once
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Has anyone completely switched their "main role" because of bad players?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived