Different Jayce build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Different Jayce build

User Info: Stalky24

Stalky24
4 years ago#1
So I was jungling Jayce earlier today and since top was Katarina, I couldnt go another squishy build and wanted to go bruiserish to peel off from our carries. I already had Avarice Blade (my jungle build is usually Avarice>Triforce>Ghostblade so I have all that utility and crit chance is reliable. Also Ghostblade got buffed S3 and it's a good pick. And Jayce has this trick, where you trigger Ghostblade in melee form, switch to ranged and you have those extra 2 seconds), but I went for Sunfire Cape, maxed W first and finished Statikk Shiv out of Avarice Blade (also 130% damage crits hurts a lot early without any AD, esp. crits).

Dat AoE. Jayce is really fast, so he gets Shiv up very quickly (and ranged W helps) and all that AoE damage was shredding enemy team in the brawl.

I had a lot of fun with it.
Now Im not saying it is something you should do on Top/mid, since he can abuse gold much more drastically, but as a jungler, this relatively cheap combo of items proved to me very effective. +clears were almost as fast, but without losing third of mana on each camp.

User Info: Biglabron

Biglabron
4 years ago#2
Stalky24 posted...
So I was jungling Jayce earlier today and since top was Katarina, I couldnt go another squishy build and wanted to go bruiserish to peel off from our carries. I already had Avarice Blade (my jungle build is usually Avarice>Triforce>Ghostblade so I have all that utility and crit chance is reliable. Also Ghostblade got buffed S3 and it's a good pick. And Jayce has this trick, where you trigger Ghostblade in melee form, switch to ranged and you have those extra 2 seconds), but I went for Sunfire Cape, maxed W first and finished Statikk Shiv out of Avarice Blade (also 130% damage crits hurts a lot early without any AD, esp. crits).

Dat AoE. Jayce is really fast, so he gets Shiv up very quickly (and ranged W helps) and all that AoE damage was shredding enemy team in the brawl.

I had a lot of fun with it.
Now Im not saying it is something you should do on Top/mid, since he can abuse gold much more drastically, but as a jungler, this relatively cheap combo of items proved to me very effective. +clears were almost as fast, but without losing third of mana on each camp.

odds are a machete 5 pot start into choice machete item would be best for jungle jayce. From there BT. just lifesteal the jungle with him.
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!

Stalky24
4 years ago#3
I dont do it a lot. His clears are very fast anyway and jungle items set him back. My problem with doing toplane stuff like Brut>BT is that jungle doesnt give a lot of gold and you are always behind. So by the time I'd finish it, opponents have third item aswell and thus, I work like a laner who lost his lane.

User Info: Biglabron

Biglabron
4 years ago#4
Stalky24 posted...
I dont do it a lot. His clears are very fast anyway and jungle items set him back. My problem with doing toplane stuff like Brut>BT is that jungle doesnt give a lot of gold and you are always behind. So by the time I'd finish it, opponents have third item aswell and thus, I work like a laner who lost his lane.

well the trick of what im saying is wriggles/BT gives you like 32% lifesteal or something. You don't need tank gear.
I don't always lose, but when I do it's purple sideu!!!

Stalky24
4 years ago#5
Biglabron posted...
Stalky24 posted...

well the trick of what im saying is wriggles/BT gives you like 32% lifesteal or something. You don't need tank gear.

Not for jungle you don't need tank gear. But I am not talking about jungle, but actual teamfights. Jayce clears extremly fast after his 1st clear (he is one of fastest, but his first clear is a bit sloppy), so he doesnt need to invest in these items anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Different Jayce build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived