Do you lose points for not playing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Do you lose points for not playing

User Info: Viewtiful_Jon

Viewtiful_Jon
4 years ago#1
I played 3 games yesterday and was lucky enough to win all 3 and got myself 62 points.

I log on this morning, to see if any one sent any messages, had a look at my league whilst I was there to see my position and now I have 60 points!

Has this happened to anyone else?

User Info: _RaveMaster_

_RaveMaster_
4 years ago#2
LP decay.
~Rave

Viewtiful_Jon
4 years ago#3
thats some fast decay its around 1 every four hours.

Also on the side it says get 100 points then win 3 out of 5 games, but someone I spotted who is up for promotion seems to have to win 2 out of 3 games to go up.

Well I cant play til monday so will have lost another 12+ by then, I should of just waited to start.

User Info: Mogu_Mogu

Mogu_Mogu
4 years ago#4
1 point every four hours? omfg...
In the chronicles of my life
there is a legend in which I change 'history' into 'herstory'.

User Info: Reaper_Minion

Reaper_Minion
4 years ago#5
I don't think that's decay. In my experience, these weird things happen because the UI is bugged. Sometimes it doesn't show your actual LP.
/|\ http://i48.tinypic.com/2pzcsv7.jpg
\|/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE7x0WLz7SY

Viewtiful_Jon
4 years ago#6
Well hopefull its bugged, someone else will be able to confirm it later today im sure if its true. But does seem over the top if so. I would figure decay would be a few points a week.

User Info: Appleframer

Appleframer
4 years ago#7
Viewtiful_Jon posted...
Also on the side it says get 100 points then win 3 out of 5 games, but someone I spotted who is up for promotion seems to have to win 2 out of 3 games to go up.

You have to win 2/3 to move up between divisions. You have to win 3/5 when you are moving up a tier (ie when you are Silver I, you have to win 3/5 to move onto Gold, but moving from Silver II to Silver I requires 2/3).

User Info: ssj4supervegeta

ssj4supervegeta
4 years ago#8
before it would decay to 1200 if you're above 1200 and you dont play for a while.
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!

User Info: LittleGreenMen3

LittleGreenMen3
4 years ago#9
Viewtiful_Jon posted...
thats some fast decay its around 1 every four hours.

Well I cant play til monday so will have lost another 12+ by then, I should of just waited to start.

3/5 is only for a tier advancement series, 2/3 is when you go up a division

Edit: Oops, looks like AppleFramer beat me to it
*Insert witty/insightful catchphrase here*

User Info: TheBigCheese42

TheBigCheese42
4 years ago#10
I still don't get how you can lose points acquired by winning a game and using "skill" (Read: getting carried <3). I mean really? Sure you could get rusty, but that should just mean you go against slightly lesser elo players, not lose elo altogether...
Through the fire of elo hell I CARRY OOOOOOOOOOONNN!
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Do you lose points for not playing

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived