The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

I can't afford a gaming desktop but I wanna play this game, what are my options?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. I can't afford a gaming desktop but I wanna play this game, what are my options?

User Info: Toe_Jamulonis

Toe_Jamulonis
4 years ago#21
for about 600 you can build a desktop machine that can run the game max settings at 2560x1440 locked at 60fps.

Prefab Case with decent power supply ~$100
Nice Graphics Card(won't be useless in a year) ~$200
Decent AMD quad-core 3.5ghz + Processor ~$110
AMD Mobo with 16x Graphics ~$100
8GB Ram ~$50
250gb HDD ~$50

If you have peripherals and accessories already, that's all you need to be good to go.
Posted from my iPhone while crapping on company time.

User Info: pizzadog

pizzadog
4 years ago#22
i bought a $450 asus with an a6 like a year and a half ago that plays this game on high @ 60fps
everyday all day

User Info: rschroe3

rschroe3
4 years ago#23
Find a trashcan, build a computer with the parts inside.

It should run LoL.
HG FC 4126 2570 7458
White FC 3696 9617 4013

User Info: mD_atheist

mD_atheist
4 years ago#24
You could build a pc for 700 that would run most games at max settings including this at 60fps. You would also need to get a keyboard mouse and moniter, im sure you could get tjose second hand.
"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
- via the Treaty of Tripoli, signed by John Adams

User Info: djprofessork1

djprofessork1
4 years ago#25
... Which is exactly why they should release this game on Xbox Live. Not everyone is a nerd who can just blow $1000 on a gaming pc, and another $300 every couple of months to keep it up to date.

Not sure why anyone wastes their time on all that crap, just to have slightly better graphics than a console. Not to mention you have to use a mouse and keyboard all hunched over like a nerd, while I'm sitting on my couch enjoying my massive HDTV.
If you believe in Goku, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
4 years ago#26
^Trolling or misinformed or uninformed.
Possibly all three. @_@
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!

User Info: HyperShadow4321

HyperShadow4321
4 years ago#27
My friend's laptop can play most even top-of-the-line games relatively well for around 600-700$. He can run Skyrim on medium at least, which is probably equal to what it would be on the PS3 or 360.

If you pay 1000$ for a gaming computer in general these days then you're probably paying too much. Unless you want to run everything on absolutely maxed settings.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. I can't afford a gaming desktop but I wanna play this game, what are my options?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived