Thoughts on Warwick?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Thoughts on Warwick?

User Info: Boogyy

Boogyy
4 years ago#1
I just played him, and I don't understand why he isn't used more often with the jungle changes. His passive and machete shred through the jungle pretty quicky, and his ganks pre-6 aren't THAT bad, he runs incredibly fast with boots of mobility and early points into E

At 6, I took every blue (I know, bad), but I told my mid to build an early chalice. Because of this I had my ult on a 40-50ish second cooldown (I forgot the number), so I was barely allowed to farm 2 camps at best before I was able to gank again with his ult, which basically was a garuntee kill or forced back

I went
Machete
Boots of mobility first item with E at level 3 (it felt like I was playing nocturne pre6 like this, really)
Wriggles
Spirit Visage for CDR with blue for my ult
Wits End

Then I build a Warmogs and Locket, with plans to replace Wriggles with a BotRK. However I felt like Warmogs and Lock was a bad choice and FH/Mallet would have been better.

So, Gfaqs, is Warwick really that bad of a jungler this season? His gank pressure seems pretty immense once he hits 6, anything before that just gets the ball rolling a lot faster.
Flowers are really unbalance

User Info: CloudandYuffie

CloudandYuffie
4 years ago#2
I personally hate warwick.

He can not gank effectively til hes level 6 and if his ult is down its like he is 1-5 again.
Meaning 1-5 the enemy team doesnt really need to worry since his ganking potential is so bad til he gets his ultimate.
Check out my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/RAWChiliPouch?feature=mhee

User Info: Lord_Fork

Lord_Fork
4 years ago#3
He can't level 2 gank, therefore everyone think he's ****.

He's actually not bad, you can start machete two wards because of how much HP stealing you do. He's the jungler that wards mid/top for your crappy blind pick teams so they don't die while you farm to 6.
This but unironically.

User Info: Habnot

Habnot
4 years ago#4
He's risky in a blind pick situation because if your lanes need a lot of help pre-6, it can be really rough.

That said, he's fairly solid at dueling due to his Q and the utility on his E for chasing low hp people trying to juke you is simply amazing.

His ult is pretty much guaranteed kills in any lane that isn't utterly f***ed.

It's just frustrating to play him vs. like a Lee Sin that's getting successful ganks off at level 2 while you're clearing red or something. If you snowball with him, though, he snowballs REALLY hard and can practically just sustain farm/gank forever as laning starts to come to a close.
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.

User Info: Boogyy

Boogyy
4 years ago#5
Yeah, I had the issue where my bot lane was falling behind hard before I hit 6, but once I hit 6, I practically ganked the lane constantly (40-50 second ult?) that they got back on their feet.

I feel like if things go poorly pre-6, he can repair it at 6, and if they don't, he snowballs.

I wasn't fond of his team-fighting however, but that coulda been because my build was a bit wacky, or the enemy team had a lot of CC, iunno.
Flowers are really unbalance

CloudandYuffie
4 years ago#6
Boogyy posted...
Yeah, I had the issue where my bot lane was falling behind hard before I hit 6, but once I hit 6, I practically ganked the lane constantly (40-50 second ult?) that they got back on their feet.

I feel like if things go poorly pre-6, he can repair it at 6, and if they don't, he snowballs.

I wasn't fond of his team-fighting however, but that coulda been because my build was a bit wacky, or the enemy team had a lot of CC, iunno.

Its also the fact if the enemy team is smart they can shut down warwick hard that 1-6 advantage can snowball almost every lane if they play smart. Its why hes not played to much risk for small amounts of rewards.

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
4 years ago#7
his ganks pre-6 aren't THAT bad

Yeah they are. All he is going to accomplish is use his single nuke which is negligible at early levels. His E probably won't activate and if it does he is going to get out like an auto-attack and that is it.

His early game is just so lame. He's slow, can't threaten anything, and he really wants points in all of his abilities. Q is his main damage for ganks/duels but it doesn't do crap for him jungling. He needs points in W to clear, but the attack speed bonus doesn't help him otherwise until mid-game. He wants points in E to chase, but E does absolutely nothing for him clearing or roaming.

Compare it to say Skarner. Skarner's Q has AoE damage for clearing, good dueling, CC to chase or peel. His W is attack speed, a shield, and movespeed that can be activated at will. He quickly becomes potent facing any situation with points in these two abilities, whereas Warwick doesn't get moving until level 7-8 at the earliest. If he does get rolling then it can be pretty sweet though. If you are playing jungler though and just AFK farming until 6 and then only ganking when your ultimate is up you aren't really being a deciding factor in your team and are asking your teammates to carry.
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
4 years ago#8
Boogyy posted...
Wriggles

Consider leaving this at Madred's razors. You don't really need extra sustain as Warwick.

User Info: Blocktopus

Blocktopus
4 years ago#9
He sucks, worst champion in the game and literally the only one not worth playing.

He's horrible and he looks ugly. Trundle's club is more menacing than him.
http://i.imgur.com/cuYAp.gif
ign toki

CloudandYuffie
4 years ago#10
Black_Assassin posted...
Boogyy posted...
Wriggles

Consider leaving this at Madred's razors. You don't really need extra sustain as Warwick.

He should build a lizards
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Thoughts on Warwick?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived