The IP system is dumb.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. The IP system is dumb.

User Info: tristin809

tristin809
4 years ago#1
Takes so damn long to get champs over 3k. Not even including runes which are nearly essential to gameplay which take even longer. *Sigh* /blogfaqs
"Shop smart, shop s-mart." -Ash, Army of Darkness
UMVC3 Main Team: Wesker(b), Sentinel(a), Strider(y)

User Info: zeppelin312

zeppelin312
4 years ago#2
the ip system is why you have the option to never pay any money to play this game

User Info: Dartkun

Dartkun
4 years ago#3
150 Ip for a daily win. Around another 150 for the win.

300 per day, 21 days for a new champion. And that's with only playing a single game a day.
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius

User Info: mrmonstr

mrmonstr
4 years ago#4
Riot didn't want to force players to pay money.
The IP system is made to encourage the buying of RP.
LoL (EU West): mrmonstr

User Info: Flame_Hazard

Flame_Hazard
4 years ago#5
mrmonstr posted...

Speaking from experience - it's super effective.
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
4 years ago#6
150 Ip for a daily win. Around another 150 for the win.

300 per day, 21 days for a new champion. And that's with only playing a single game a day.

^This. If you play even moderately a bit of League it's relatively easy to afford a new 6300 IP champion every two weeks.
1 first win for 14 days = 1400 IP
5 games = ~70 IP each
14 days * of five games each + 1400 first win IP games = 6300 IP.

VS ai game = 20 minutes. Five games a day = ~3 hours + the first win vs AI if you want = 3.5 hours a day.

I know many people spend more than that playing games and more than that surfing youtube, 9gag, twitter, reddit, gamefaqs, facebook, etc a day. Focus your efforts. It's not hard or difficult at all.

And you can do much more if you include the weekends.
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!

User Info: Dartkun

Dartkun
4 years ago#7
Yeah, of course it's a method for getting people to buy RP. But it's not unreasonable.

I played Tribes:Ascend where an item that was essential to a class (Land Mines for Doombringer if you're curious) was 100,000 EXP. You gained about 500-1,500 EXP for a match that could last like 10-15 minutes.

And that game has no free rotation, you started with 3 classes and zero alternative gear. You had to spend CRAZY amounts of time just getting a class to a usable state.
BlazBlue CSX: Mu-12 and Taokaka
youtube.com/user/Shinius

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
4 years ago#8
If they were going to make unlocking champions easy then they might as well have the whole roster unlocked. Putting a decent investment in to unlocking most champions is kind of part of the fun of it, makes you agonize over your decisions a bit.
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert

User Info: mrmonstr

mrmonstr
4 years ago#9
Flame_Hazard posted...
mrmonstr posted...

Speaking from experience - it's super effective.

- A wild mrmonstr appeared
- Riot used IP System
- it's not very effective

;) Never bought any RP (yet)
LoL (EU West): mrmonstr

User Info: Tactician_Lord

Tactician_Lord
4 years ago#10
TomorrowDog posted...
If they were going to make unlocking champions easy then they might as well have the whole roster unlocked. Putting a decent investment in to unlocking most champions is kind of part of the fun of it, makes you agonize over your decisions a bit.

I don`t like to agonize over which champion to get.

When I started playing: "Do I buy Nami, Rengar, Khazix, Vladimir, Cass, Zyra, Elise, Volibear...omg, I want so many!"

Thankfully my brother and I work and have money to spend without a care in the world (not that much, but we can spend without worrying too much), so we bought a few RP cards and unlocked those champions. Yay!
You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. The IP system is dumb.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived