So I was just testing out Varus...why isn't this guy more popular?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. So I was just testing out Varus...why isn't this guy more popular?

User Info: Silver Shadow X

Silver Shadow X
4 years ago#1
He seems extremely strong. I was just testing him with intermediate bots, and while I know bots are irrelevant, I generally still have pathetic scores no matter what, yet on Varus I got 36 kills.

I'm going into normals now, but I just thought I'd ask why this guy seems to be considered a second rate ADC. Mainly because I don't want to go into real games thinking "oh man this guy is cray" only to find myself getting stomped into the ground because I made a fatal miscalculation about why he's less popular.
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.

User Info: Dartkun

Dartkun
4 years ago#2
No escapes and no on demand steroid
I don't sugarcoat things | Logic > Feelings
youtube.com/user/Shinius

User Info: GoldenFantasy

GoldenFantasy
4 years ago#3
He plays like an ad caster. His ult is in a similar vain to Ashe's and she's not popular for that reason, although it's a team fight winner.
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks

User Info: FoxDragon13

FoxDragon13
4 years ago#4
Silver Shadow X posted...
He seems extremely strong. I was just testing him with intermediate bots, and while I know bots are irrelevant, I generally still have pathetic scores no matter what, yet on Varus I got 36 kills.

I'm going into normals now, but I just thought I'd ask why this guy seems to be considered a second rate ADC. Mainly because I don't want to go into real games thinking "oh man this guy is cray" only to find myself getting stomped into the ground because I made a fatal miscalculation about why he's less popular.

Actually,
Varus was very popular at IEM. Yes he did have a 2-15 record, but he was used a lot.

Varus was used as much as Cait.
"Are you quite finished?"-Black Mage
"I was thinking I should run around in an idiotic panic."-Fighter

User Info: Airio

Airio
4 years ago#5
Varus is one of the top picks atm. He's pretty strong and is seeing a lot more play.

User Info: thecrossnkight

thecrossnkight
4 years ago#6
Im surprised people havent caught ontop AP building him.

Sorc
Malady
Nashors
Liandrys
Voidstaff
Hurricane

150 magic damage per auto, on three targets, Every spell cast can nuke 1-3 targets for 30%+ of their HP.

I ulted in the middle of a fight and got a quadra kill from ult bouncing (600 damage ult +the 30% hp chunk)
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.

User Info: Dartkun

Dartkun
4 years ago#7
thecrossnkight posted...
Im surprised people havent caught ontop AP building him.

Sorc
Malady
Nashors
Liandrys
Voidstaff
Hurricane

150 magic damage per auto, on three targets, Every spell cast can nuke 1-3 targets for 30%+ of their HP.

I ulted in the middle of a fight and got a quadra kill from ult bouncing (600 damage ult +the 30% hp chunk)

I just did this but switching Void with Lich. It worked surprisingly well but without any Life Steal, I kept getting destroyed unless I had so much protection.
I don't sugarcoat things | Logic > Feelings
youtube.com/user/Shinius

User Info: Silver Shadow X

Silver Shadow X
4 years ago#8
So mainly, he isn't safe is the issue. Plus the steroid (the way it worked did look a bit annoying come to think of it). I think maybe he worked better for me since that steroid works so well when trying to CS, which I'm normally bad at. Suddenly having a nice attack speed boost for each minion killed probably helped me get fed the way an ADC should, hence him seeming twice as effective as other ADCs to me..
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.

User Info: leak_man

leak_man
4 years ago#9
If that's the case, try Draven.

Pretty easy to CS using his Q.
A rhombus is the kind of rectangle a ***** would draw.
http://i40.tinypic.com/rh6dc1.jpg

User Info: aHappySacka

aHappySacka
4 years ago#10
If you wanted someone unsafe then Draven and Kog'Maw are far better choices, although I've got to admit that a good Varus ult is pretty game-changing.
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. So I was just testing out Varus...why isn't this guy more popular?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived