do you normally stick to one or 2 champions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. do you normally stick to one or 2 champions?

User Info: Bossfella

Bossfella
4 years ago#11
I have a couple per role that I like. You won't always get the role you want.
A curse on the judges, the coppers, and screws who torture the innocent, wrongly accused.

User Info: dotsdfe

dotsdfe
4 years ago#12
Sticking to one or two is bad unless you play like...Cho'gath and Kayle. You'll want to be able to play any role.

As for specializing within roles, it's not a bad idea at all. I play a decent amount of champions but at higher Elo, I could see having maybe two per role: A safe pick with very few bad matchups in case you're picking your role before your laning opponent, and a counterpick in case you see someone you counter get picked first.
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.

User Info: Botnus912

Botnus912
4 years ago#13
I like the way that Shyvana and Twisted Fate play, but I'm not too keen on what position/role they should be in.
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd471/botnus912/charlie-s-high-dance.gif
I'm so fresh you can suck my nuts

User Info: Ravid182

Ravid182
4 years ago#14
Bots teach you nothing but bad habbits past playing one of 2 bot games first time you ever play.

Play PvP. It may go bad and there will be a long time of learning, but you will learn better and quicker the worse it is.

User Info: jonlaw101

jonlaw101
4 years ago#15
Botnus912 posted...
I like the way that Shyvana and Twisted Fate play, but I'm not too keen on what position/role they should be in.

shyvana would be the dominant
i think they would prefer cowgirl
It's like playing monopoly then flipping the board over when they land on mayfair,saying 'lol i do what i want its just a game' - SoulStrikes

User Info: dotsdfe

dotsdfe
4 years ago#16
Bots teach you nothing but bad habbits past playing one of 2 bot games first time you ever play.

Play PvP. It may go bad and there will be a long time of learning, but you will learn better and quicker the worse it is.

I don't necessarily agree with this. I'd say maybe play 4-5 bot games in the beginning until you're good with last hitting, have a basic familiarity with a few champions, etc. THEN go to PVP.

Once you've played a good deal of PVP, playing bots again is fine. I'm level 30 and I still play a bot game when I buy a new champion just to get a feel for them and stuff. Playing too many bot games early develops bad habits, but once you get a feel for the game, it's not a bad idea to try out new champions.
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. do you normally stick to one or 2 champions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived