This or StarCraft 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. This or StarCraft 2?

User Info: Redskins4Life21

Redskins4Life21
4 years ago#1
Hey guys, just downloaded LoL and played through the tutorial. I played the original Starcraft games for about a solid year back in the day, and I've been playing SC2 now since Heart of the Swarm came out. I love Starcraft and I'm curious as to why LoL has become more popular.

To me, building a base in SC2 is the most enjoyable aspect of the game, so obviously LoL seems like a watered down experience at first glance. What is it that makes LoL better than SC2? Or, do you like SC2 better?
Now Playing: Black Ops II
Playing Soon: Dishonored, Halo 4, Walking Dead, Hitman, Rage, Need for Speed

User Info: infinitexx

infinitexx
4 years ago#2
Different types of games.
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1

User Info: natchu96

natchu96
4 years ago#3
Um, StarCraft 2 is an RTS, and this is a MOBA . . . ?
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena

User Info: xDarknezzx

xDarknezzx
4 years ago#4
this
starcraft is dying

Redskins4Life21
4 years ago#5
natchu96 posted...

i know. still fair to compare the two games, though. its not like i'm comparing call of duty with madden

User Info: Twinrova225

Twinrova225
4 years ago#6
Redskins4Life21 posted...
natchu96 posted...

i know. still fair to compare the two games, though. its not like i'm comparing call of duty with madden

You might as well be comparing a Third Person Shooter and a Zelda game. MOBA's and RTS's have very little in common.

There's also the fact that LoL is well, free. And Starcraft 2 is not.
"Cid is badass. He's old and still crackin'. He can fight underwater with a lit cigarette in his mouth. He drinks the goddamn tea." -Gaming_Mastery

User Info: masterplum

masterplum
4 years ago#7
This game is free

why are we comparing them
yE frE me Kweku Ananse Papa
me:http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1508/masterplumgm3.jpg

User Info: Beech_tibs

Beech_tibs
4 years ago#8
free vs money

you decide
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so

User Info: Walker_Real

Walker_Real
4 years ago#9
Mobas are more fun because

-They provide intensely chaotic scenes that you couldn't predict, and with micro skill can feel extremely heroic from

-This is more a team game than star craft 2, though I'm sure high end players tech cooperatively, your miniscule timing and micro is based off your other 4 allies during heated combat

Redskins4Life21
4 years ago#10
Twinrova225 posted...
Redskins4Life21 posted...
natchu96 posted...

You might as well be comparing a Third Person Shooter and a Zelda game. MOBA's and RTS's have very little in common.

There's also the fact that LoL is well, free. And Starcraft 2 is not.

Dota was originally created using WarCraft 3's map editor , was it not? One has to admit that to an outside observer or someone who is not deeply familiar with both games, they are comparable.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. This or StarCraft 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived