How many champions would you recommend someone to know before they start ranked?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How many champions would you recommend someone to know before they start ranked?

User Info: Brutal_Felix

Brutal_Felix
4 years ago#1
My whole time I was leveling I only played like 1 or 2 champs besides trying free week ones sometimes I'm now 30 and have been a little bit and have been doing draft to get ready for ranked and would say I'm really good with like 4 champs and getting there with 2 or 3 others. I really just want to play ranked tho cause I'm getting impatient atm.
Steam ID: Brutal_Felix
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Ripjaws X Series 8 GB | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970

User Info: mattislegion

mattislegion
4 years ago#2
At least one.
"Stranded in this spooky town."
LoL IGN: Matt Is Legion, A Mole Sitting

User Info: AznJudge

AznJudge
4 years ago#3
Some people will tell you to just main one champion that usually doesn't get banned.

Other people will tell you to diversify and learn to play every role with 2-3 champions.

Honestly, you can rank whenever you want. Just don't rage when you don't get who you want or the lane you want.
Xbox Live GT:Pz PaulyD; League of Legends : DAS BOAR; Steam: EbilElrond / Elrondel SMITE: Elrond; Guild Wars 2 : Elrondel

User Info: tacoslayer89

tacoslayer89
4 years ago#4
You need to be decent at 1-2 champs in all roles, just in case.

But I'd say have a preferred role and be good with 3-4 or 5 champs in that role.
They call me...Yellow Skinned Wacky Man!

User Info: SoraOwnsAll

SoraOwnsAll
4 years ago#5
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.

User Info: zeppelin312

zeppelin312
4 years ago#6
2 in each role is fairly safe

3 is even safer

User Info: DeadpooL7

DeadpooL7
4 years ago#7
You seem to main Amumu which will be a problem since hes banned almost always in ranked.
Taric is mai waifu

User Info: Shadow Edge

Shadow Edge
4 years ago#8
2-3 per role.

Unless you're an oddball jungler who only plays Amumu, Shen and Malphite.
ns

User Info: Brutal_Felix

Brutal_Felix
4 years ago#9
DeadpooL7 posted...
You seem to main Amumu which will be a problem since hes banned almost always in ranked.

Yeah he was the first guy I bought. He seems to not get banned alot as all those games have been draft pick. Nunu is my immediate second choice atm and is very underrated imo
Steam ID: Brutal_Felix
Intel Core i5 3570k 4.4Ghz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Ripjaws X Series 8 GB | Samsung 840 Pro Series 256 GB | Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970

User Info: FandomOfRandom

FandomOfRandom
4 years ago#10
Play some champions that can do multiple roles and don't get banned.

Examples include Nunu & Cho'gath.
http://i.imgur.com/PYinkC7.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How many champions would you recommend someone to know before they start ranked?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived