What if they had a pay-to-play account type?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. What if they had a pay-to-play account type?

User Info: angermngment101

angermngment101
4 years ago#1
This account you pay $15 a month, and you have every champion unlocked. Skins are 50% off all the time + the 50% off sales making them 75% off on sales.

You have 4 rune pages to start off with.

You gain 2x IP per game.

Would people do it?
Gamefax

User Info: albinorhino004

albinorhino004
4 years ago#2
silly idea
drinking is very bad

User Info: TAMIUS_REBORN

TAMIUS_REBORN
4 years ago#3
I would do it for 1 month, grind the hell out of the game, use my crap-ton of IP to buy every champion I want, then cancel it. Riot would lose a ton of money. A 30-day IP boost costs more than $20 too, so they would be shooting themselves in the foot since nobody would have a reason to buy them anymore.
Steam: Calimar777
XBL: Calimar

User Info: profDEADPOOL

profDEADPOOL
4 years ago#4
I would do it for 1 month, grind the hell out of the game, use my crap-ton of IP to buy every champion I want, then cancel it. Riot would lose a ton of money. A 30-day IP boost costs more than $20 too, so they would be shooting themselves in the foot since nobody would have a reason to buy them anymore.

You might ave to subscribe on a yearly basis/you can only use that account when you pay though.
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clan
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, C&XF, Gambit, Young Avengers, Hawkguy, GA, I, Vampire, JLD and Constantine

angermngment101
4 years ago#5
You might ave to subscribe on a yearly basis/you can only use that account when you pay though.

Nah, its a monthly basis.

I think people would be too attached to their accounts after investing so much time in it (b/c who cares about pre-30 anyway?), and so they would keep it for another month or two.

Then they would be like, damn this is expensive, and start a free account, paying for even more RP just to catch up to the other account.
Gamefax

User Info: SoraOwnsAll

SoraOwnsAll
4 years ago#6

People buy IP boosts?

I have 12k IP just sitting there and I own every champion...
"I'm no hero, never was, never will be. I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work." - Solid Snake.

User Info: ERLiNo

ERLiNo
4 years ago#7
SoraOwnsAll posted...

People buy IP boosts?

I have 12k IP just sitting there and I own every champion...

Some people dont want to play 1000's of games for x amount of champs.
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg

User Info: Beech_tibs

Beech_tibs
4 years ago#8
15 dollars a month till you get to lvl 100

lvl 30 is still the cap for unlocking things other than free mode
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so

User Info: xRustySpoon

xRustySpoon
4 years ago#9
If this game was subscription based I would stop playing.
Get dumpstered.
LoL/Steam: xRustySpoon Follow these tips and you'll be fraggin' like a pro.

angermngment101
4 years ago#10
If this game was subscription based I would stop playing.

Its just an option. Free to play would still be the same.
Gamefax
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. What if they had a pay-to-play account type?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived