How risky is your play style?

  • Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How risky is your play style?

User Info: Ferd_Da_Bird

4 years ago#1
<Topic> - Results (256 votes)
1: Very little- No risks (1-20%)
4.69% (12 votes)
2: Little- Few risks (21-40%)
21.48% (55 votes)
3: Some- Decent amount of risks (41-60%)
32.03% (82 votes)
4: Moderately many- Many risks (61-80%)
29.69% (76 votes)
5: Large number of- Almost everything is [A risk] (81-100%)
12.11% (31 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So my friend and I have been having an argument pretty much since we met. It regards the use of risk in a playstyle.

His point of view:

Risks win games. If you lose some but are skilled enough to win most then you win games. Playing without risk or very little risk does nothing but waste time, and if you see any opportunity for risk, take it. Play by instinctual wants and achieve them. Going balls deep is is just a part of this.

My point of view:

Risks nigh on loses games. Every risk you take that isn't calculated can lead to serious backtracking and most often losses of objectives and lives. Playing ballsy doesn't make you good/better/more likely to win, it just makes you stupider. Play by the brain, not the instinct.

I'm not going to ask directly who's right- in fact, most people participating in said poll probably are just going to answer the poll and promptly leave. So, my question is this, from which I might glean the answer: How do you play revolving around riskiness?
Never give up.
Never surrender.

User Info: SupaPowers

4 years ago#2
Everything I do is a risk. Invading enemy jungle? Check. Counter-ganking? Check. Turret diving? Check.

But when you do each of those well, the risk factor of each situation decreases, and it becomes the norm.
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

User Info: kirbymuncher

4 years ago#3
2, unless I'm playing jungler in which case it's probably like 4-5

I'm not sure why

User Info: ZoneAlarm

4 years ago#4
5, #yolo

User Info: SirWozzel

4 years ago#5
I mainly adc, so it depends on who i'm playing and who my support is.

For instance if i'm a graves Leona I just go balls to the wall aggressive and try to shut the enemy adc down as hard as possible but if I have a longer ranged adc and my support is passive like raka then I just farm.
Poppy is sane. She just wants revenge. Kinda like Batman, but with a huge hammer.
Steam ID: SirWozzel

User Info: Susan0

4 years ago#6
Man mode every game. Mwahahahaha
Akali is mai Waifu desu~

User Info: Earthbound360

4 years ago#7
That is highly dependant on who I'm playing. Sona and Nautilus for example are like 2s. I don't take risks unless we're ahead.

Singed however, I take all the risks I want. He thrives off of low health chases when the opponents get tunnel vision.
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote

User Info: aleksazen

4 years ago#8
Used to be like 4 but ive toned it down to 2, Ill turret dive but not when Im not atleast 80% sure ill get a kill and live
i7-2720QM | 8 GB | 6990m

User Info: Darkyellow327

4 years ago#9
Being risky depends on how badly your team needs to make a play.
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle

User Info: Metleon

4 years ago#10
Sometimes I don't think I take enough risks. I often lose out on opportunities that could have won me the game.

Edit: Unless I'm playing Kha'zix, in which case, I'd say I take the right amount of risks.
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How risky is your play style?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

  • Topic Archived