So new skins cost literally 25 dollars now.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. So new skins cost literally 25 dollars now.

User Info: Ephidel

Ephidel
4 years ago#101
It's weak justification because it's nothing more than an excuse they came up with so that they could increase the cost of a skin that's worth 975 RP. Nothing's changed about the skin, so there's no reason its price should be going up. They didn't suddenly do more work on it. They put the same amount of work into the skin that they did when it was 975 RP. And I'm pretty sure all of this has already been discussed.

For once Shuriko's actually right and you guys are treating it like it's run of the mill trolling. It's ridiculous to me that Riot can arbitrarily decide that skins they made around a year ago are worth more now than they were then and people will just say "Yeah, that sounds logical."
The time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right!
http://i.imgur.com/pyvQmyz.gif

User Info: lightdragoon88

lightdragoon88
4 years ago#102
Ephidel posted...
It's weak justification because it's nothing more than an excuse they came up with so that they could increase the cost of a skin that's worth 975 RP. Nothing's changed about the skin, so there's no reason its price should be going up. They didn't suddenly do more work on it. They put the same amount of work into the skin that they did when it was 975 RP. And I'm pretty sure all of this has already been discussed.

For once Shuriko's actually right and you guys are treating it like it's run of the mill trolling. It's ridiculous to me that Riot can arbitrarily decide that skins they made around a year ago are worth more now than they were then and people will just say "Yeah, that sounds logical."

Cause that business.

I still don't see the big deal?

The ones that went up (well...most of them) are clearly higher quality then the standard 975.
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png

User Info: DepressedOtter

DepressedOtter
4 years ago#103
Shuriko go back to your terrible anime or something. Keep yourself entertained. You don't have to troll gamefaqs all the time.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ThatRavage
http://i.imgur.com/8xkwd.png

User Info: Nerevar

Nerevar
4 years ago#104
For once Shuriko's actually right and you guys are treating it like it's run of the mill trolling.

Well, he's not right.* First of all, they're not going to be that expensive, unless you're counting Ultimate skins (like PFE) which we're only getting 1-2 of this year.

As for people afraid that they're going to increase the price even further in the future, all one has to do is simply not buy skins when they feel they're too expensive. It's simple economics. If they increase they price and this results in sales dropping, they'll revert the change. But it won't result in sales dropping because 1) it's not that large an increase in price and 2) most people actually have jobs and don't care about spending $10 on a digital cosmetic item instead of $7.

It's weak justification because it's nothing more than an excuse they came up with so that they could increase the cost of a skin that's worth 975 RP. Nothing's changed about the skin, so there's no reason its price should be going up.

Their argument is that the price shouldn't have been that low in the first place because the skin was so much better than what was previously released. I remember when we started getting these higher quality skins (I think I first noticed around the release of the blackthorn Morgana skin) and how much more detailed they were than the 975 skins we'd been getting up to that point and was thankful they didn't use the increased detail as an excuse to price them higher. Obviously we couldn't ride this train forever.

I'm fine with them pricing skins higher if it means they put more work into them and I'm also fine with not spending money on something completely arbitrary if I find the price too high. They also offset this increase in price somewhat by decreasing the price of a lot of skins too. Not gonna complain about that.

*Purely an assumption as I only read the OP and your post, but I'm sure he's trolling by claiming Riot is just gonna increase the prices even more, people who don't have a problem with this are blind sheep, etc. He's wrong in his OP, I'm just assuming he's wrong in the discussion after that.
New York Yankees 13-9
Go Knicks!

User Info: earthmaster3

earthmaster3
4 years ago#105
A shuriko topic has reach a hundred posts? I have failed. I am not using my topic killing powers for the betterment of mankind
It's like walking up to a girl you really like, going in for a kiss, only to get a casual punch to the face before the kiss.
- Notch

User Info: Ephidel

Ephidel
4 years ago#106
To respond to the posts directed at me, the skins being considered higher quality doesn't mean they should go up in price. The people who worked on the skins were paid for it back when the skins were made, so it's not like they did anything else that should earn them more money for the same work. And while some are certainly better than the current 975s, not all of them are truly 1350 quality, so Riot wasn't even consistent about what warranted a price increase.

Like I've said, I'm not complaining if they make more 1350 skins that are actually worth the price. I got Mecha Kha'Zix with the bundle, but I can see why they'd charge more for it (and it at least was 1350 from the start). Frostblade Irelia, not so much. What this new pricing strategy means for the future of skins isn't that big of a deal to me just yet, but increasing a skin's price just to "clarify" its value is completely unnecessary. They could just as easily do that by telling the player "Hey, this skin is a great deal for the price!" and just leaving it at 975. So it's an excuse they're using to increase the price.

Also yes, Shuriko's initial post was fairly inflammatory and not entirely accurate, and there has been some doom and gloom discussion that is probably unnecessary right now, but the points he's making about these skins not needing to increase in price are valid.

I'm more than willing to defend Riot when I feel they're in the right, which they often are. For example, I frequently show up when people are complaining about the Tribunal, so that I can point out that their ban is justified. But this is something I just cannot support. I understand that complaining isn't going to do much, and thankfully it's not actually that big a deal in the grand scheme of things. However, that doesn't mean I have no right to criticize Riot's decisions.
The time is out of joint. O cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right!
http://i.imgur.com/pyvQmyz.gif

User Info: Lord Sojiro

Lord Sojiro
4 years ago#107
Yeah, let's just talk about the price increases, let's ignore the decreases and all the future releases that will be below 975 RP.
Oh no! It's Idiot power!

User Info: zeppelin312

zeppelin312
4 years ago#108
guys

guys

it is a shuriko topic

wtf

User Info: Covenant

Covenant
4 years ago#109
Ephidel posted...
Nothing's changed about the skin, so there's no reason its price should be going up.

What are you, a filthy communist?

Riot, the entity with the undisputed moral and legal right to determine the prices it sells its creations at, wants it to cost more.

That is the reason why the prices should be going up.

User Info: Naxochils

Naxochils
4 years ago#110
shadyelf posted...
shuriko topic

How did it take this long into the topic to post this?
"But if i bootypooty when i don't have to bootypooty it might result in a bootydoody. And you don't want that on your mouth." - Meatwad
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. So new skins cost literally 25 dollars now.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived