People only care about ranked because of ego and the end-of-season rewards

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. People only care about ranked because of ego and the end-of-season rewards

User Info: Gainazzo

Gainazzo
3 years ago#21
I play ranked because you can see your stats and the players there actually play to win.

User Info: natchu96

natchu96
3 years ago#22
pozertron posted...
TheSchref posted...
pozertron posted...
TheSchref posted...
pozertron posted...
Ranked is for tryhards.

I would rather enjoy myself in normals/customs without any pressure.

Rewards are too weak to make me even consider playing Ranked.

Sounds like you may just be a pansy. What pressure? This is a video game. There is nothing on the line except a number that means nothing.

Pressure... lol.

Some people like playing normals. Some like to play ranked, because they'll get better competition. Why is that tryharding?

Pressure = when you get 1 lp for a win and -20 for a loss. No thanks.

How is that pressure?

You might find enjoyment in this, dunno maybe you're a masochist.
I feel pressured by that simple mechanic since you can never rely on your Random teammates.

The fact itself that you're playing with randoms in a team based game makes your win/lose ratio 20% skill / 80% luck.

If i'm gonna lose because i have a *Bad Day* i'd rather do it somewhere where consequences are not that severe.

Also... i have a 12 hour work and can only play a few games a day which throws the idea of competitiveness out the window.

He's saying that it's not pressure at all unless you allow it to be, as your rank/lp is just a pointless title/number that bears no impact on your actual life whatsoever.

Unless your friends care about how good you are at video games. In which case that's a terrible friend.
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena

User Info: CheezWhizX

CheezWhizX
3 years ago#23
itt: bad mad bronze/silver scrublords who can't get past silver 1.
I sense a disturbance in the force.
League of Legends IGN: Vave

User Info: _Ferdi_

_Ferdi_
3 years ago#24
Trolled softly
What's your favorite song? Something you listen to a bunch and it sounds like the first time.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. People only care about ranked because of ego and the end-of-season rewards

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived