Max W over Q on Cho?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Max W over Q on Cho?

User Info: darkman95

darkman95
4 years ago#1
Almost every guide I see on Cho says to max W first then Q, why? I always thought his W was his utility tool, there is no real reason to have a 4 second AoE silence maxed in laning phase when its prime purpose is for use in team fights. W also costs more mana and deals less damage. So far the only reasoning behind this I've heard was that it is consistent whereas Q is not and it's better for harass. I find that hard to believe since it 1)eats through your mana like no tomorrow early game 2) Q is an easy skill to land. Not maxing Q first because it is "hard to land" is like not maxing Q first on Ahri because it is harder to land than her W. Can anyone provide solid reasoning on why W should be maxed over Q?

User Info: InsomKlepto

InsomKlepto
4 years ago#2
More CC > More damage on a tank, in almost every case. And even after W max E before Q because thats manaless damage.

User Info: DeleveleD

DeleveleD
4 years ago#3
You already stated the answer yourself.

Consistency.
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.

User Info: Shadow_King56

Shadow_King56
4 years ago#4
InsomKlepto posted...
More CC > More damage on a tank, in almost every case.

Q is a harder CC than W depending on the situation. Personally I max W if I'm mid because the 4 seconds against a caster is basically a death sentence. If I'm top I go Q first since usually silence is not as effective against bruisers with hard hitting AA. It's all situational.
*Claims Kokonoe Rin, Vita, Nagi, Evangeline, Hanyuu, Cao Cao (KM), Kaguya, and Flonne-sama*

User Info: aHappySacka

aHappySacka
4 years ago#5
I max W when I play AP Cho, or a variation of my build for bad match-ups, said variation also includes more mana to compensate for how mana hungry the spell is.

I max Q when I'm against someone that I can land it against often and isn't a bad-matchup, also it allows for me to get tankier faster by rushing a spirit of the golem.
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
http://i.imgur.com/j8p5fA8.png

User Info: darkman95

darkman95
4 years ago#6
DeleveleD posted...
You already stated the answer yourself.

Consistency.

Any good player can consistently land a Q so I don't get it. I never have problems with my Q, I easily land 80% of them I don't even main Cho, I imagine someone who is actually good with him can land 100% of their Q's.

User Info: InsomKlepto

InsomKlepto
4 years ago#7
Shadow_King56 posted...
InsomKlepto posted...
More CC > More damage on a tank, in almost every case.

Q is a harder CC than W depending on the situation. Personally I max W if I'm mid because the 4 seconds against a caster is basically a death sentence. If I'm top I go Q first since usually silence is not as effective against bruisers with hard hitting AA. It's all situational.

Q is more CC but i meant on a per level gain of the skill, as in W gets damage/duration/manacost per level while Q only gets damage.

User Info: DeleveleD

DeleveleD
4 years ago#8
darkman95 posted...

Any good player can consistently land a Q..

You realize that this goes both ways right?
The statement below is false.
The statement above is true.

User Info: BerserkFGriffth

BerserkFGriffth
4 years ago#9
when I play lane cho it's always a counterpick to ap mids so silence is >>> everything else.
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/Shenneh/Godot%20Gifs/godot-sniff.gif

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 years ago#10
all you get for putting points into rupture is more damage, and not even all that much more than scream.

scream gets damage and silence duration.
"And though I drive through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil because I'm driving a house-sized mass of '**** you'"
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Max W over Q on Cho?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived