Tips to playing ARAM effectively

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Tips to playing ARAM effectively

User Info: gvandale

gvandale
3 years ago#11
Edgemaster70000 posted...
tips on health

This is spot on. Also a tip from me:

When retreating to your turrets after a lost teamfight (you're lone survivor), grab the health packs whether you need them or not. Not allowing them to heal off your packs can either delay their push or open a window for you to dunk one of them.

Also, mid/lategame don't Rambo a 1v4 as soon as you spawn. Play defensively until your team respawns.

Lastly, it's ok to play a support champ as a support. Last night went like 1/3/47 as Janna. My team LOVED me, and the enemy hated me.
XBL: Darth Vandale, PSN: gvandale
Battle.net: Gvandale#1921

User Info: PrintScreenKey

PrintScreenKey
3 years ago#12
Edgemaster70000 posted...
You focused on all of this stuff (which isn't even right by the way, if you get 3 champs with poke regardless of the rest of the team comp you'll win) but didn't focus on health-pack management at all? People being excessively stupid with health pack management / usage / trapping are why I lose a lot of my ARAM games.

Not true at all.
3 poke champions is not a good composition.
If the enemy team has the ideal composition they will win because of the following reasons:
- Their sustain will counter the poke
- Their tank will have high health regen
- When level 6 comes, they will get aced from a strong initiation combo.

User Info: Wyrmcraft

Wyrmcraft
3 years ago#13
Wrong, the poke comp will have already poked the enemy team down to the point where they will lose their level 6 fight despite the ultimate advantage.

As long as the poke comp can poke and clear the enemy team stands 0 chance
"Will the circle be unbroken, by and by, by and by? Is a better home awaiting, In the sky, in the sky?" ~ Elizabeth, Bioshock Infinite

User Info: PrintScreenKey

PrintScreenKey
3 years ago#14
Wyrmcraft posted...
Wrong, the poke comp will have already poked the enemy team down to the point where they will lose their level 6 fight despite the ultimate advantage.

As long as the poke comp can poke and clear the enemy team stands 0 chance

Sorry you have no idea how wrong you are.
Guess you've never seen the ideal composition played by good players.
It's terrifying unless your team also has a strong composition.

User Info: tlalynet0

tlalynet0
3 years ago#15
VyseZero posted...
I re-roll garen because if they have enough cc it is very difficult to initiate since he doesn't have a blink gap closer.

So they blow their CC on the tank...

Them having lots of slows is a non issue since he can cleanse those.

User Info: gvandale

gvandale
3 years ago#16
TC is so lost its laughable.
XBL: Darth Vandale, PSN: gvandale
Battle.net: Gvandale#1921

User Info: HagenEx

HagenEx
3 years ago#17
ARAM is serious business.

User Info: EscaSyra

EscaSyra
3 years ago#18
Poke comps don't always win. If you get a good poke comp versus a good heavy engage comp it's a tossup.

It's not fun having a poke comp and enemy team has 2 or 3 of either Warwick, Leona, Malphite, J4, Xin, Nasus, or heaven's forbid, a Blitz tossed in there.

I'm more scared of an enemy team having 2 or 3 of those that actually build a little tanky and maybe an assassin than I am of a poke comp with 1 tank.

Well, that is if people on my team can actually dodge the pokes somewhat, and if that poke comp doesn't include Jayce >_>
LoL IGN: CakeEsco
PSN: CougheeCake

User Info: Man_from_Uncle

Man_from_Uncle
3 years ago#19
I'm getting fairly good at ARAMs now, and if our team rolls either a 2-3 poke, plus tank (ideally Mundo) plus a support (ideally Sona); or a more traditional composition as the TC suggests, I feel pretty confident.

When the team rolls all/mostly melee, that's when I worry.

Certain characters are always a good sign though. Nidalee is supreme, Mundo is awesome, Morgana is surprisingly effective and if there's someone playing a Mast Yi who knows what they are doing, they can turn a close fight into a rout.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Tips to playing ARAM effectively

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived