Silly things you thought while new to the game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Silly things you thought while new to the game

User Info: Extension_Force

Extension_Force
3 years ago#1
I was reminiscing about my time as a newb (as opposed to noob), and remember explaining to my younger brother who played more than I did that junglers were useless and cost teams games.

Silly as that sounds, now that I think about it though, I think I was right considering I was under level 20 at that point. Watching some lower level games right now and thinking about what mine were like, duo top/mid was much much better than players with crap runes/masteries and no idea what they were doing trying to jungle

User Info: LaqOfInterest

LaqOfInterest
3 years ago#2
Smiting champions
R.I.P. Obstaculos 2/20/2013
http://i.imgur.com/7WzumHP.png

User Info: Esumark

Esumark
3 years ago#3
LaqOfInterest posted...
Smiting champions

User Info: Beech_tibs

Beech_tibs
3 years ago#4
master yi's alpha strike was impossible to predict (dmg and return location)
"Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you." Proverbs 2:11

User Info: TalynRahl

TalynRahl
3 years ago#5
I didn't know you could use keys 1-6 to activate items, so I would manually click pots/on use Items...

User Info: HeartlessCharms

HeartlessCharms
3 years ago#6
I didn't buy any items my first few games.
"I'd rather die than be average."

User Info: jats605

jats605
3 years ago#7
TalynRahl posted...
I didn't know you could use keys to activate spells.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3583838/lolmods.png
August 15th, 2013 -- The day the Mods went nuts

User Info: YoukaiSlayer

YoukaiSlayer
3 years ago#8
I thought pots were a waste of money. Im still pretty new though so i guess all the things i think right now.
I'm ninja
(you can't see me)

User Info: Gun Sage

Gun Sage
3 years ago#9
Hmm... When I first started I read guides pretty much constantly... I never made any thoughts of my own that I couldn't find the answer to SOMEWHERE in a guide, and I played Magic the Gathering somewhat so I knew to read things carefully for actual meaning....

I do remember always clicking on items rather than using the number keys for quite a while. I think that was the only dumb thing I had never looked up and kept doing like a scrub...

User Info: ShyGuySay

ShyGuySay
3 years ago#10
That flash was broken-ohwait.

but more seriously, I thought Smite was useless. I played jungle when I first started, but I mained fiddles, so killing it wasn't a problem. I always thought smite was dumb and useless since I would kill it at almost full hp anyways.

Most of the things I thought when I was new actually carried over to now (partially because I had people play with me when I got into the game). For example:

-People who don't buy wards are stupid. Fid ult + Fear + Drain was enough to pretty much guarantee a kill on anyone low level (and a lot of the time at high levels), and t could all be prevented with a single item.

-Fiddles was broken for the above reason. While it's not completely true (he's not quite broken), I'd still say he's very powerful and underestimated.
Worst LoL Player NA.
IGN: Shyguysay/Ritoplisnerf
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Silly things you thought while new to the game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived