Unofficial PBE Patch Notes for 1/24/2014 - Buffs for everyone? WTF! Edition.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Unofficial PBE Patch Notes for 1/24/2014 - Buffs for everyone? WTF! Edition.

User Info: bIuerain

bIuerain
3 years ago#11
TomorrowDog posted...
And then you're a glass cannon Sona trying to auto-attack the enemy without dying instantly.

A squishy Sona can keep herself alive with good positioning in team fights. And if Diminuendo really could reduce damage to 0, it'd be going in with it, zeroing an enemy's damage and letting your allies kill it.

And it's not like a tanky Sona can't get 320 AP with all the tanky AP items that exist...
Funky Strong
"Date vuelta. Veras el color rojo cuando termine contigo..." - Vega

User Info: Supercuaco666

Supercuaco666
3 years ago#12
UPDATE: Sona's W doesn't have a change, it's still the way it is on Live.

So, uh... nerf Sona just because.
I'm apparently horse food.

User Info: Knight_Of_Order

Knight_Of_Order
3 years ago#13
Supercuaco666 posted...
UPDATE: Sona's W doesn't have a change, it's still the way it is on Live.

So, uh... nerf Sona just because.

That sucks, but the W would've been broken as ****, even if you only reduced the damage by 50% it would completely neuter a champ.
Amid the turmoil and tumult of battle, there may be seeming disorder and yet no real disorder at all
Sun Tzu

User Info: StarfishHeat

StarfishHeat
3 years ago#14
Because Sona is in dire need of nerfs, thanks Riot!
They're actually starfish.

User Info: Darkemaste

Darkemaste
3 years ago#15
So all I'm getting from this is that they gave a traditional support utility scaling at the cost of significant base/actual AP scaling, yet end up halving the utility scaling anyway while giving nothing back?

I don't even......

It's not like she's even a common pick atm. :|
Common sense seems more uncommon. http://i.imgur.com/1dxrJ0T.jpg

User Info: Xialoh

Xialoh
3 years ago#16
I've just about had it with Riot. They make 2 kinds of changes in this game - unwarranted ones, and drastically excessive ones. Maybe some day they'll make a necessary change and not go crazy in doing so.
"Perhaps it's impossible to wear an identity without becoming what you pretend to be." - Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
3 years ago#17
bIuerain posted...
A squishy Sona can keep herself alive with good positioning in team fights. And if Diminuendo really could reduce damage to 0, it'd be going in with it, zeroing an enemy's damage and letting your allies kill it.

If she negates all of one enemy's damage they are still able to use any escapes they have and aren't inhibited by any CC so she doesn't just "let her allies kill it", she doesn't negate the damage of the other four champions, good positioning lets any champion/team wreck. That is a basic idea of the game, but it is also true that the squishier you are and the less blinks/escape options you have the more conservative you have to play. You don't just cover that up with "good positioning". All players at a good skill level are using "good positioning" and abusing their advantages in that area.

And it's not like a tanky Sona can't get 320 AP with all the tanky AP items that exist...

Are you arguing what is technically possible or what is realistic on a support's income.
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert

User Info: Edgemaster70000

Edgemaster70000
3 years ago#18
Nerfing Sona into the ground in preseason wasn't bad enough, now they're just nerfing her for no reason at all.

Granted, this nerf isn't HUGE, because her E was already damn near useless anyway until late game, but it's the principle.
XBL GT: ReptileAssassin. Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emerl18
There's a point when trolling stops being funny.....When it starts.

User Info: SorrySleeping

SorrySleeping
3 years ago#19
Darkemaste posted...
So all I'm getting from this is that they gave a traditional support utility scaling at the cost of significant base/actual AP scaling, yet end up halving the utility scaling anyway while giving nothing back?

I don't even......

It's not like she's even a common pick atm. :|

Something is really wrong with PBE this cycle. We have Riot having no idea what they really want to do with Gragas or Kha'Xiz. Kassadin basically getting a rework in a single cycle unlike Skarner or Xerath. The Renekton changes the other day that were so far off they had to be a joke.

TomorrowDog posted...
Are you arguing what is technically possible or what is realistic on a support's income.

This is S4. Supports can afford items now, remember?
~{Compain_Cube_ is Goomy}~
"Fiora's got the best everything. Except, you know, in-game effectiveness." -TheEvilOmega

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
3 years ago#20
Supports get some gold now so I'm going to theorycraft them having full build in every teamfight.
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Unofficial PBE Patch Notes for 1/24/2014 - Buffs for everyone? WTF! Edition.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived