How do people play with locked camera?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How do people play with locked camera?

User Info: Rookie_Jet

Rookie_Jet
3 years ago#1
I had a match last night as Teemo vs a top Mumu (yeah, wtf?). For some weird glitchy reason, my camera was locked from the start of the match. I hit 'y', I clicked the icon above the minimap, I tried to find it in the options menu, but it wouldn't stop locking (15 min in, after my first death, I finally restarted my client and it fixed it). Anyway, I could only see the caster creeps around me and had to get REALLY close to see the enemy creeps I wanted to CS. Even still, I was doing pretty well vs Mu and helped jungle Mundo get FB when he came up to gank. But later on, I couldn't see a bandage toss or J4 flag coming at all.

It's also hard to cs/place shrooms/do anything because my screen keeps freakin moving. A couple times I had to stop moving so I could be more precise with where I wanted to click.

I don't know how people play this way by choice. Maybe if you're Tryndamere or something, but even then, you wouldn't be able to see what you're spinning into.

User Info: Helios_D

Helios_D
3 years ago#2
Dunno. Works for replays and spectating, sure. But PLAYING by forcing your screen to move with you... That's silly.

User Info: Phantom0708

Phantom0708
3 years ago#3
I play locked because I'm used to it.

Why do people want to constantly manually move their screen?

Because preferences

I unlock to look at other places on the map, sure. But normally I keep it locked if I'm focusing on myself.
GT: Devilwillcry42 PSN: Raidoukuzunoha42 LoL: EmiyaShirou42
My name is Kanji Tatsumi, you said I like dudes, prepare to die.

Rookie_Jet
3 years ago#4
I play unlocked so I can see as much as possible. I don't need to see behind me if I know there's nothing important there. I would rather have my character at one edge of the screen so I can actually see the enemy on the other edge of the screen.

User Info: Glockass1

Glockass1
3 years ago#5
Phantom0708 posted...
I play locked because I'm used to it.

Why do people want to constantly manually move their screen?

Because preferences

I unlock to look at other places on the map, sure. But normally I keep it locked if I'm focusing on myself.

Holding space is too hard.
Steam ID: Glockass1
http://i.imgur.com/qsRb7.png http://tinyurl.com/kexmdkb

User Info: Gainazzo

Gainazzo
3 years ago#6
You can fix that by moving the screen with the minimap a few times.

Rookie_Jet
3 years ago#7
Gainazzo posted...

I can't remember if I tried that or not. I'm pretty sure I did, but I'll try again if it happens again. It was a really weird glitch that's never happened to me before. I even tried alt+tab as that has fixed a mouse glitch I've had before where I can't move my mouse past a certain part of the screen. This one, I just had to completely reconnect to the game. It was lame.

User Info: happyscrub1

happyscrub1
3 years ago#8
Learn to screen lock, noob
Season 4 Tier list updated 2/15/14
http://www.flickr.com/photos/110210424@N05/12543389223/

User Info: Gainazzo

Gainazzo
3 years ago#9
Rookie_Jet posted...
Gainazzo posted...

I can't remember if I tried that or not. I'm pretty sure I did, but I'll try again if it happens again. It was a really weird glitch that's never happened to me before. I even tried alt+tab as that has fixed a mouse glitch I've had before where I can't move my mouse past a certain part of the screen. This one, I just had to completely reconnect to the game. It was lame.

It's happened to me a lot of times, you have to be alive and it usually takes a few times to work.

User Info: InstinctEggs

InstinctEggs
3 years ago#10
I played with a locked screen for more than over a year. Then I got a new computer and new mouse and figured I'd try out unlocked screen, and I've never went back since.
My name is Debbie, and I like eggs.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. How do people play with locked camera?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived